iWHMCS iPhone App

b0r3d

Im a fan of whmcs. I've been using it now going on 6 months but I must say Matt. I'm blown away at the price you ask for iWhmcs. I pay loyally monthly for my license. I went to download it since it said free I thought ok cool I can check tickets on the iPad since I use it around the house and surprised when I came here to see the price.

Have you read the reviews on it everywhere? It seems to crash a lot and lacks a lot of functionality of which you'd expect a $40 app the have.

Again I'm for supporting you but this app should be more like $4.99 for us already paying customers if not free with a paid whmcs license.

I do remember when you first hit the market and you've done amazing work with whmcs itself as I cannot wait for v5 but with apps costing 49 I can't help but shake my head at such a high cost for minimal functionality.

Bookmark whmcs in safari and I'm good but until if you ever decide to drop that price I won't be paying for that. I think a kind thing would be to include this software including awhmcs to paying customers as added option.

Anyhow. Great work overall but is there any plans to lower this price or is it stuck for good?

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. And yep we've seen the reviews, and every crash issue that we've ever been contacted about has been resolved with users directly. Basically crashes occur when the XML interpreter of the iPhone finds a character it doesn't like, for example characters from another charset in a support ticket reply. Normally easy enough to straighten out but unfortunately there's no graceful way for the app to handle it automatically.

iWHMCS is an app that helps you run your business. And since WHMCS is very competitively priced, yes we do have a fairly premium price tag on it. But it does have a lot of functionality, and makes it much easier to access and manage orders/tickets/invoices while mobile, and not only that but we do have a major update coming out within the next few weeks for it following the V5 release.

There's no plans to lower the price right now (and it wouldn't be fair to people who have bought it already), but we'll keep improving and developing it.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. And yep we've seen the reviews, and every crash issue that we've ever been contacted about has been resolved with users directly. Basically crashes occur when the XML interpreter of the iPhone finds a character it doesn't like, for example characters from another charset in a support ticket reply. Normally easy enough to straighten out but unfortunately there's no graceful way for the app to handle it automatically.

iWHMCS is an app that helps you run your business. And since WHMCS is very competitively priced, yes we do have a fairly premium price tag on it. But it does have a lot of functionality, and makes it much easier to access and manage orders/tickets/invoices while mobile, and not only that but we do have a major update coming out within the next few weeks for it following the V5 release.

There's no plans to lower the price right now (and it wouldn't be fair to people who have bought it already), but we'll keep improving and developing it.

Matt

Matt, Please attempt to test it like click a clients name inside of a ticket and randomly it will go to another clients name, please test this and see if you are getting this issue or at times while clicking a clients name it will simply close iWHMCS and this occured on my old iphone 4 and even on my 4s.

Hi

This has been happening to mine as well. I am on a 3GS with iOS5. Initially when I did the update I was running WHMCS 4 - silly me should have read the instructions first ... but now I have updated ti WHMCS 5 and it still crashes. I will be reporting this through the support channels so to assist Matt getting it sorted.