Is there a Data Center addon anywhere?

colatm

I would like to continue to use WHMCS but I need a few data center functions like those found in packages like Ubersmith.

Here are a few features I am interested in (for starters):

- Bandwidth Monitoring/Graphing and Overage Billing

- Device Monitoring

- IP Address Management

- Remote Rebooter Integration

Do you know of something already available or am I looking at a custom solution?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
WHMCS doesn't have those features, so you would need to submit feature requests for each one of them

WHMCS is not good for the data centers, even if any one request a custom development from whmcs.com team because it designed for web hosting companies not data centers, if any data center want to have an automated software , offer their clients servers monitoring, remote reboot ...etc, they should go for another billing software or for a custom development software, i know a great software that is used by more than +1000 data center around the world such as ( Gigenet, Hivelocity, and more) the software name is Ubersmith; their website is ubersmith.com, currently they offer special price ($149 / month for 10 devices (servers) license) + $2500 setup fees.

Edited by WHMCS John
Removed highlighted text promoting ubersmith

• WHMCS Support Manager

We do have a module for Singlehop: http://docs.whmcs.com/Singlehop

But for the op, we have worked on numerous integrations with individuals for bandwidth graphs integration, remote reboot integrations, etc... It all just depends on what API's you use and your specific setups so a generic implementation wouldn't necessarily work.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would be extremely interested in a device manager as well, with a comprehensive IP address manager, where an IP is tied to a device, and a device is tied to a client. This would be mostly for dedicated server, virtual server hosting (OnApp and Virtuozzo). I know Ubersmith has this, but I just can't stomach a migration at this point.

I would be extremely interested in a device manager as well, with a comprehensive IP address manager, where an IP is tied to a device, and a device is tied to a client. This would be mostly for dedicated server, virtual server hosting (OnApp and Virtuozzo

You already have this with the "assigned ips" field on the hosting record

I am trying out this one because it has a WHMCS module:

NOC-PS Provisioning System

Quoted text from their website:

"Introduction

NOC-PS is a virtual appliance that provisions physical servers.

Using PXE technology, the server boots off the network, downloads the necessary files, and performs an automated installation of the Operating System."

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

+1 on this.

Definitely could be cool to have a proper device manager and IP manager.

I know a basic IP manager exists, and I know its possible to hack it up, but for those of us that are not software companies, we'd rather pay someone else to do it :)

Currently we spend a lot of time juggling our assets (600+ servers , 5000+ IPs) in excel, knowing which servers are spare/in use/migration from one to another etc could all be neatly handled in WHMCS and tagged back to active products iwthin customers accounts...