live chat addon presale questions

jnet

Question

1. a visitor chats with us online then he decides to become our client

after he registers is it possible to add all chats to his new account?

the same way you add client id to tickets?

2. is there a search function within whmcs to search for chats?

3. will there be a powered by ... link in the chat room?

I am using a whmcs no brand and I prefer to have no brand there

4. will it work with https?

thanks

For #1 and #2, while I'm not a WHMCS employee, I'd have to guess at no. Why? This isn't developed by WHMCS, but a 3rd party company who's been in the business for a good while. Stardevelop wants a good bit more for this product directly, so, Matt & WHMCS are offering a pretty decent discount for buying it from them. Not sure they're going to take the time to integrate this with WHMCS, though it would be a good idea, it'd just be far, far too costly to keep up time wise.

3. There will be no WHMCS branding in the chat window.

I guess there will be branding from Stardevelop like their "regular" product. Can you confirm this? If this is true; is it possible to debrand it?

If "chat logs are recorded as tickets so can be searched in tickets", then does that not mean that chats with unregistered clients will be recorded as tickets with unregistered clients so can therefore be manually linked to a client ID if they later sign-up?

I believe what can make this chat good for us is how it integrate with whmcs otherwise there are so many chat solutions out there even the free ones.

Also any trial version available? I mean as whmcs addon?

• WHMCS Support Manager

The live help addon is integrated with WHMCS in the following ways, setting it apart from other solutions:

1. When a client is logged into the client area and starts a chat, their name and email address are automatically filled in on the "request chat" page.

2. When a client enters the chat, you see a screen unique to WHMCS in the operator console containing links to the client's details in your WHMCS admin area allowing you to access the client's information immediately. For example you can create an invoice or a quote simply by clicking the button in the operator console: http://whmcs.com/images/livechat/WHMCSVisitor.png

3. Chat logs are automatically saved as support tickets under the client's account.

I'm not aware of any third party chat system capable of that level of integration.

@jnet: Installation of the live help addon will create additional tables in the existing WHMCS database.

As with our other addons, a free trial is not available. But life time support from both ourselves and StarDevelop is included.

Thanks John , What about software upgrades in future? In their website I can see they have a 30 day money back guarantee , Does it apply when we buy it from here too? What about uninstalling the software after a while, won't be any issue? will we be loosing data ( chat ) by uninstalling the software?

Are users of whmcs that have a free license from a hosting company also able to purchase the Live Chat addon? I have attempted to purchase one when logged into my account. Unfortunately it says that there are no addons available as I have no active orders.

Please advise.

You'd need to order it through your host providing the license.

Hopefully it's okay to add new questions to this thread...

I'd like to know if this solution can be managed without a Windows PC? We're all Mac - so I need to be able to use a web-based admin at least to manage the system. Is that possible, or are there crucial parts of the system which can only be managed from the Windows app?

• WHMCS CEO

Sorry lovecoredesigns, that must have been missed. Dan was right though, you would need to order through the host providing you with the license since the license you want to addon to is within their account.

@Troy: For full functionality of the Live Help App and Integration Features, the Windows Desktop App is required.

Now

what happens if some body changes his domain?

let's say he does not want his whmcs to be in the same domain

I know you can change your whmcs license but I have hearrd you can not do the same for this little live chat:?

so example: one day you want to change your domain ABC.com to BBC.com

you have whmcs in ABC.com you change your whmcs license to BBC.com and go ahead

when you want to transfer the chat addon you can't do that?

I heard with this software you can not transfer the license.

Edited by jnet

• WHMCS Support Manager

We have an addon for existing StarDevelop licence holders at the reduced price of $25 one-time. Please open a ticket to request it.

I'm not aware of any restrictions that would prevent you from moving the location of the live help system.

This Live Chat works only on the whmcs pages or on other pages of website? If yes I think like other chat scripts we have to put codes on each of the pages.

It works on other pages too. No problem at all.