WHMCS Live Help Review

Si

here is my review

LIE!

Its not seamless. I still have to enter EVERY operator manually. That's not seamlees. There is no admin panel plugin. That's not seamless. The license verification obviously doesn't work, because mine is invalid, even after doing the "Update check" multiple times...

The install is a completely different site, instead of in the admin panel, just like every other module. (why is it even in the modules folder?)

I have to tell the windows program, that the install is IN he modules folder? whats that about? That's no seamless.

There is no difference between this and any other live chat system. NONE!

Please show me any other live chat software that shows you your clients details while they are browsing your website? Any other live chat application that allows you to pull up a clients invoices from within the chat application?

Before you start raving, have a re-check...

They havent said it was a seamless install, thats not how it works, and to be quite frank about it, we would never want the live chat applications files all mixed in with our WHMCS files, its far easier to manage and update in future if they are all in 1 place.

It makes absolutely no difference to the users or your customers where its installed at all, the "Seamless" part is in how it integrates with WHMCS....

So, show me another chat application that links in to all the client data while they are browsing your website, as I'd sure like to see one.. :roll:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, show me another chat application that links in to all the client data while they are browsing your website, as I'd sure like to see one.. :roll:

So that ONE thing makes it seamless? wow, you are so right. Glad you have the roll eyes smiley..

Why does every other "addon module" have an install in the admin panel? Why do your EXISTING operators, not get imported, or linked automatically?

Also, who said anything about the file structure. It is setup the SAME as other addons.. but doesn't work like any other addon. Maybe you should "re-check"

• WHMCS CEO

It's not a lie.

It's an addon specifically because it integrates with WHMCS. No other chat software would tell you what client is logged in as they browse your website, or when they request a chat, or provide you with a direct link to that clients profile, products, invoices, etc.. while chatting. No other chat program stores chat histories in the WHMCS ticket system as standard. Those are just 2 reasons that this live chat program is integrated with WHMCS.

The live chat software has to know where it is installed, which is in the modules directory as it happens, but WHMCS sets that url automatically as part of the installation procedure and it doesn't change anything, so I don't get why you imply that means it's not integrated.

Re the admin operators, it's quite common you would want to keep chat operators out of your main billing system so while you do have to configure the admin users inside the live chat app separate from the WHMCS installation, this doesn't mean it's not integrated. And in some ways it makes it more flexible.

Matt

The live chat software has to know where it is installed, which is in the modules directory as it happens, but WHMCS sets that url automatically as part of the installation procedure and it doesn't change anything, so I don't get why you imply that means it's not integrated.

If its a WHMCS module it should ALREADY know where its installed? Should it not?

It's an addon specifically because it integrates with WHMCS. No other chat software would tell you what client is logged in as they browse your website, or when they request a chat, or provide you with a direct link to that clients profile, products, invoices, etc.. while chatting. No other chat program stores chat histories in the WHMCS ticket system as standard. Those are just 2 reasons that this live chat program is integrated with WHMCS.

Re the admin operators, it's quite common you would want to keep chat operators out of your main billing system so while you do have to configure the admin users inside the live chat app separate from the WHMCS installation, this doesn't mean it's not integrated. And in some ways it makes it more flexible.

Isn't that a contradiction? You don't want operators access to your billing admin area, but this "addon" gives direct links to the admin area?

livechat.jpg

• WHMCS CEO
If its a WHMCS module it should ALREADY know where its installed? Should it not?

Yep and it does, the url gets set automatically when you install.

Isn't that a contradiction? You don't want operators access to your billing admin area, but this "addon" gives direct links to the admin area?

You don't necessarily want all your chat operators to access your billing area. Some of course.

Ok I will jump in on this thread, I have actually used StarDevelop in the past for several years... now that we are back up and running we have already integrated into http://www.valuetelcom.com

I will agree that the users should sync and there should be a simple field for the Live Help Departments for the user accounts...

But other than that, its fantastic outside of the free solutions, this is the best priced because it is not by user!

I got a DUMB question.. why do you have an android ICON on your website, if you don't even have an android app? sounds to me like a little bogus info on your site? Marketing scheme maybe?

Our Live Help Android app was released on May 9th 2011, You can purchase it at https://market.android.com/details?id=com.stardevelop.livehelp and it was also announced on our company blog at http://blog.stardevelop.com/

I will agree that the users should sync and there should be a simple field for the Live Help Departments for the user accounts...

Within a future update to the Live Chat add-on we will be adding options within the installation to import and sync the WHMCS accounts.

Ok I will jump in on this thread, I have actually used StarDevelop in the past for several years... now that we are back up and running we have already integrated into http://www.valuetelcom.com

But other than that, its fantastic outside of the free solutions, this is the best priced because it is not by user!

I'm not saying it can't be a decent addon. I'm saying its not as advertised, and they buff up the hype.. Its not all that and a bag of rice.

For me, I couldn't even get the windows app to work with the install, and WHMCS blames them, they blame WHMCS, and away we go with the games... (as usual with a 3rd party..)

Then your site is wrong. The android link takes you to the iPhone app

Thanks, the link is now fixed on the Android logo. Sorry for the confusion that caused.

For me, I couldn't even get the windows app to work with the install, and WHMCS blames them, they blame WHMCS, and away we go with the games... (as usual with a 3rd party..)

There is an issue that we have confirmed on our test environments using WHMCS v4.4.x and the Live Chat add-on for WHMCS v4.4.x This will cause problems with the Windows application login and we believe it is related to the licensing, we are working with WHMCS directly to resolve the issue. This issue is not occurring with the WHMCS v4.5 downloads.

Edited by stardevelop

I can verify it works great with v4.5, my only issue with the desktop is with the voip, It crashes anytime I try to make a call...

My question for SD is are we able to create a customer account at your site after we purchase through WHMCS?

I would also like to see if there is a way to possibly get the design psd for the initiate chat pop up so that we can change the look and feel of it.

I can verify it works great with v4.5, my only issue with the desktop is with the voip, It crashes anytime I try to make a call...

My question for SD is are we able to create a customer account at your site after we purchase through WHMCS?

I would also like to see if there is a way to possibly get the design psd for the initiate chat pop up so that we can change the look and feel of it.

Please lodge a support ticket at http://livehelp.stardevelop.com/kb/ticket/ and we will be able to assist you with the VoIP crashing issue.

At the moment WHMCS customers can not access our customer area and you shouldn't need to access it. The WHMCS client area contains the server software downloads for the WHMCS module installation, everything else on our web site (downloading the latest Windows app, submitting support tickets etc. doesn't require a login).

I do not believe we have a PSD file available for the image that you have mentioned, however please mention this in your VoIP ticket and we will try help you out with that.

I noticed you mention a price increase by tomorrow. 6/1

Does that also goes for us (WHMCS users)?

Or is it just the original pricing or mobile apps?

I am quite confused on your last twitter response as it didnt state what was increasing.

The pricing for the WHMCS Live Chat module is not increasing, just the licenses purchased directly from us. WHMCS customers still have access to the current discounted licenses if they wish to order the Live Chat add-on from WHMCS. I can't comment on if WHMCS will be changing the Live Chat introductory pricing offer that is available at the moment.

The iPhone and Android app pricing is also not changing, just the single domain and multiple domain licenses if ordered directly from us.

The pricing for the WHMCS Live Chat module is not increasing, just the licenses purchased directly from us. WHMCS customers still have access to the current discounted licenses if they wish to order the Live Chat add-on from WHMCS. I can't comment on if WHMCS will be changing the Live Chat introductory pricing offer that is available at the moment.

The iPhone and Android app pricing is also not changing, just the single domain and multiple domain licenses if ordered directly from us.

Thank you for the fast reply!

Thats great to hear you aren't raising the pricing on WHMCS as I am about to hop on it.

Same to hear about the android + iphone apps as well since it seems FAIRLY priced.

Regarding to the WHMCS pricing, is there any refund or unsatisfied policy?

I notice on your site shows "30 days money back" however does it also QUALIFY for the WHMCS purchase? Or it doesn't?

Thank you.

• WHMCS Support Manager
Regarding to the WHMCS pricing, is there any refund or unsatisfied policy?

I notice on your site shows "30 days money back" however does it also QUALIFY for the WHMCS purchase? Or it doesn't?

Yes we offer the same 30 day money back guarantee for owned licenses of the chat addon, but there's no refund option on the leased licenses.

John

• 4 weeks later...

Just to clarify (sorry if i missed a response on this)

but did Stardevelop and WHMCS ever get together on a price to remove branding from the software?

Its not a big deal at all (I think ill try it even with branding) but I am curious if there is a price set to remove branding (lower than the $250 they already ask preferably)

• 1 month later...
Just to clarify (sorry if i missed a response on this)

but did Stardevelop and WHMCS ever get together on a price to remove branding from the software?

Its not a big deal at all (I think ill try it even with branding) but I am curious if there is a price set to remove branding (lower than the $250 they already ask preferably)

I was shocked to see that after spending all that money I couldn't remove Stardevelop's obnoxious branding - in addition to other problems.

Despite being out the money to buy the Livehelp product, I've been using Livezilla ever since. Even the free version is superior and far lest intrusive. To be honest, I remember my first experience with Stardevelop and it was disappointing. I'm not surprised that $90 gets you a product that is much less impressive than Livezilla and you can't remove that darn branding either. The product isn't that good or updated so that we should pay $90 for the opportunity to advertise for them.

I've written off the the investment as a loss.

I was shocked to see that after spending all that money I couldn't remove Stardevelop's obnoxious branding - in addition to other problems.

Despite being out the money to buy the Livehelp product, I've been using Livezilla ever since. Even the free version is superior and far lest intrusive. To be honest, I remember my first experience with Stardevelop and it was disappointing. I'm not surprised that $90 gets you a product that is much less impressive than Livezilla and you can't remove that darn branding either. The product isn't that good or updated so that we should pay $90 for the opportunity to advertise for them.

I've written off the the investment as a loss.

WHMCS sell the copyright line removal for the owned Live Chat add-on licenses at a discount for WHMCS customers, I believe they have been selling this for a few months now. You can customise all other images and the chat window design without paying any additional fees, due to this we do not believe that our copyright line is obnoxious.

Thank you for your feedback and we are always working to improve the Live Chat add-on.

To be honest, I can only hope that you've overhauled the product and that my re-install will be much more impressive than what I saw last time. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

It's nothing personal and hopefully taken as constructive criticism and I'm sure many here would agree. I bought the add-on not realizing that it's not the WHMCS quality that we've all come to expect. It wasn't really well integrated and suffered from a bad bug as well (lack of sound notification) in addition to significant templating limitations. It barely seemed to have made strides from the product released many years ago that seemed to be milked for a long time, being by bar a better looking solution than the competition. That must have been a nice stretch but others like Livezilla clearly surpassed SD.

It was a big surprise when the $90 brand/copyright required version wasn't nearly as good and reliable as free software. I'm far from the first to say it. Time passed SD by and what sold the product was the WHMCS name. Take that to heart and hopefully we'll see some innovation again.

To be honest, I can only hope that you've overhauled the product and that my re-install will be much more impressive than what I saw last time. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

It's nothing personal and hopefully taken as constructive criticism and I'm sure many here would agree. I bought the add-on not realizing that it's not the WHMCS quality that we've all come to expect. It wasn't really well integrated and suffered from a bad bug as well (lack of sound notification) in addition to significant templating limitations. It barely seemed to have made strides from the product released many years ago that seemed to be milked for a long time, being by bar a better looking solution than the competition. That must have been a nice stretch but others like Livezilla clearly surpassed SD.

It was a big surprise when the $90 brand/copyright required version wasn't nearly as good and reliable as free software. I'm far from the first to say it. Time passed SD by and what sold the product was the WHMCS name. Take that to heart and hopefully we'll see some innovation again.

Thank you for the feedback, we do appreciate it.

Since releasing the WHMCS module add-on we did improved the templates by adding Smarty template support in addition to various other stability fixes. We have also been innovating in other areas, for example our Android mobile app.

Recently we have been working on improvements on the WHMCS integration by integrating open support tickets into the Live Help chat window interface. This feature we expect to be releasing in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the app and have it on. The internal reporting and seeing who is on the site and what they are doing is absolutely wonderful. My problem is that very very rarely does anyone ever try to initial a live help session, not sure why that is, perhaps people in general do not like live help? I tend to use it when I visit sites that have it, but taking a good sample of time now (over a year) and understanding the number of support tickets opened and the number of live chat requests, it has only been a very few, less then 1/4 of a percent of all support / sales tickets opened! Would anyone care to comment about these stats?