Resellerclub Website Hosting Module

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very good feedback, it is definitely something I would like to have built in, but until the Resellerclub provisioning API calls can return the username and password / url of the created account at the time of creation, this won't be possible.

We still can't deliver messages from WHMCS instead of ResellerClub?

They offer a great package at a very cheap price, the only thing is the fact that you won't be dealing directly with your customer.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

You will still be dealing directly with your customer, the only difference is ResellerClub sends the welcome email with your name and email address on it. The customer won't know the email wasn't sent by you.

I know there where other posts addressing this issue, but this is a deal killer for me. I too have ResellerClub set to NOT send emails out to my customers. When this mod advances so that it will allow WHMCS to handle ALL Communications for clients then it will be some I will be greatly interested in.

Hopefully a work around can be developed before too long.

I know there where other posts addressing this issue, but this is a deal killer for me. I too have ResellerClub set to NOT send emails out to my customers. When this mod advances so that it will allow WHMCS to handle ALL Communications for clients then it will be some I will be greatly interested in.

Hopefully a work around can be developed before too long.

Unfortunately, it's not my module that is the problem, it is the way Resellerclub's API and provisioning system work. When the API call is made to create the hosting account, the only thing that is returned is the order number. The hosting account isn't created right away, it takes long enough that the WHMCS process has already completed. The only way to pull in the username and password of the account created would cause the order process to hang for a couple of minutes which would not work out for the end user.

If you don't like the way it works, email resellerclub and ask them to improve their API / Provisioning system.

Why can't you poll the resellerclub api from a cron job, checking new orders until they are provisioned fully, and then send out the email with WHMCS - assuming you can acquire enough of the hosting information from the API to send out a complete welcome email?

The issue with that is that the product emails in WHMCS are sent out at account creation time with variables from the account creation process.

Here is what is returned by the API when an account is created. If I take the account id and try to get the details of the hosting account, it gives me an error because the status is still pending and isn't active yet.

[actiontypedesc] => Addition of Linux Hosting (US) Service for testdomain.us.onlyfordemo.com for 12 months, with The Ultimate Hosting Plan
[actionstatus] => InvoicePaid
[status] => Success
[entityid] => 33206531
[eaqid] => 103908630
[actiontype] => AddOrder
[description] => testdomain.us.onlyfordemo.com
[actionstatusdesc] => Your Order will be processed by our automatic provisioning system within the next 20  minutes.

FYI, I have a ticket open with Resellerclub to see if there is anything they can do. Problem is, they are using Orderbox and the API is part of that. Might be tough to get this to work the way everyone wants, but sometimes we just have to work with what we have available to us.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you be more specific? What Admin function are you referring to? Were there any errors logged in WHMCS? Have you tried enabling debugging in WHMCS and manually processing the order? If you are having issues, please submit a support request. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version from our website too.

FYI, LogicBoxes is deprecating the old SOAP API and moving forward with an HTTP API. I have rewritten this entire module to utilize the HTTP API but cannot fully test it until they go live with it. The API CALLS needed are currently only available using the mock URL. There may be a period of a couple days where this module quits working. I'm not sure if they will be using both APIs side by side or not but currently it doesn't sound like it.

This looks to be a promising module. Thank you, will test it out soon. I agree with others as my resellerclub emails are turned off as well.

2 years ago I tried resellerclub and their hosting was a night mare

Not sure If I want to try them again. Domain is fine but hosting !!!@%@%@%

You are absolutely correct with the above. I remember those days when you had to purchase their funky hosting account and you didn't' even get an email with it because they made you purchase that separately. I have been pushing the for years to stop development of their silly control panel and use the quality software that is already out there, cpanel. Over the past year, they are getting better but since their interface is so antiquated and support not the greatest, I still don't sell hosting through them but they are getting better. I use them for domains, that's it.

With this module though... there are some possibilities. Keep up the good work.

This thread isn't meant to be a place to complain about how crappy the ResellerClub hosting is. While I agree, the point of this thread is for the module that allows people to sell Resellerclub hosting if they so choose.

With this module though... there are some possibilities. Keep up the good work.

What do you mean "There are some possibilities"?

Thanks for the quick response tsiedsma,

I regards to your post from July 14: "...moving forward with an HTTP AP..." Do you know when that will take effect? Will it affect the email issue (the RS account needing to email customers)?

As far as I know, the HTTP API is not full live yet and is still beta. Also the SOAP API has not been deprecated so there is no rush to update this mod. Also, Resellerclub has informed me there is no way to retrieve the username and password for a newly created hosting account during the signup process. A separate query has to be initiated after the hosting order is activated. This process can take 5 minutes after the initial order has been placed, or longer if your account doesn't have enough funds.

The best way that I can think to handle this is to have Resellerclub send the email once the account is created. The cron job updates the user's product page with the proper info so they can find it in WHMCS.

I'm open to suggestions, but please feel free to read the API documentation so you fully understand the functionality and limitations.

• 1 month later...

Version 1.1.0 was released today. It is a full rewrite and utilizes the HTTP API 100%. The email issue has yet to be resolved and your clients will have to get the email from ResellerClub about their account being created. This is because RC doesn't give the username and password until after their internal activation and provisioning process has completed. The username and password are pulled in via a cron job but there isn't an automated method for notifying the user of account creation yet.

Just so you know - I'll buy this once the email thing is resolved. It would give us a way to sell a few Windows hosting accounts when we need to without having to actually run Windows servers.

Thanks for your feedback. I had a brainstorm about the email issue and think I can fix this. Watch for future updates.

Things are looking good for the WHMCS originating email function. Can you guys tell me what ResellerClub info you want to send to your clients? Remember, you'll be using a WHMCS Email Template so you can set static variables. The only thing that doesn't work is name servers. The API doesn't support getting a list of name servers from ResellerClub. You'll have to add them manually to the Email Templates.

Good News!!! I have updated this module to 1.1.2

Major Changes since the last version is email support. Linux, Windows and Email hosting orders now have an email template that gets sent to your customer with their order details, Knowledgebase Links, username and password information and much more. The templates are 100% customizable via WHMCS Email Templates editor. The cron job generates the emails and is fully integrated to WHMCS using WHMCS functions to send the email to the customer and even add it to the email log. If there is an error sending the email, an entry is logged in the Admin event log so you can review the issue.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think. This was the number one user request, please let me know what else I can do to improve this module.