Resellerclub Website Hosting Module

Personally, I'm interested in a module to renew unlimited hosting packages that I have through RC. I have about 18 of them already and don't plan on selling any more tiered hosting packages, but would like to integrate the 18 unlimited packages I currently have into our WHMCS system and have the ability to renew them.

Peter

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'm interested in a module to renew unlimited hosting packages that I have through RC. I have about 18 of them already and don't plan on selling any more tiered hosting packages, but would like to integrate the 18 unlimited packages I currently have into our WHMCS system and have the ability to renew them.

Peter

Thank you for your feedback. One of the biggest features of the new version is being able to import hosting products and customers from Resellerclub into WHMCS. I've setup a Development Tracker for this product. The link is in my signature. As of this post, I don't have anything added to the Resellerclub module tracker since the tracker is new.

Ok. Another question, does it currently / will it eventually handle email hosting only plans?

It does currently although I was under the impression RC did away with email only plans.

Hi

Did the issue with the email having to come from resellerclub ever get resolved?

Thanks

Yes, a cron job that runs at a frequency you determine will check if the account was setup and then send the appropriate email to your customer. This functionality will carry over to the new version as well as handling email notifications to customers regarding renewals.

I've never done anything with it so I'm not sure how it is provisioned or managed. This module is specific to the Hosting products though, so I may have to create a new module for the sitebuilder.

That would be good, what about one for their SSL products as well..

as a business I would like to have all options available to my clients from multiple providers

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for a couple of people that actively use this module to beta test the new version. I just need some feedback and test results. It's worked flawlessly in my test environment but real world testing is always best. I'd like to release v2.0 of this module as soon as I get a couple people to confirm it is working for them.

The new features include a full rewrite of the module to optimize everything. There is also an "Addon" module for central configuration. Future features will be added there. Custom Hosting plans including Linux, Windows, Email and Website Builder are all supported. The new Web Design plans are not supported at this time.

Please login to my client area and submit a ticket to be signed up for the Beta! Beta access will be granted later this week as I finalize some of the upgrade features so you can transition from the old version to the new version with little to no effort.

The RC module sounds like a great addition for WHMCS reseller, but over many months of messages there has been a lot of discussion, upgrades and more discussion about development and so forth.

However, I am now confused as to exactly what this module does and now v2 is almost ready I thought its would be a good time to ask as I could not find a list anywhere.

I can see that it provisions hosting on the RC platform, but it may be helpful to provide a summary of the features to potential users (like us!)

Am I correct in assuming:

1. I can set up a product in WHMCS for a hosting service at RC

2. If a client purchases that product, it auto provisions the service at RC

3. It updates their WHMCS profile to show the product in their profile

4. It provides to the client communication detailing the setting up of the account (originated from WHMCS or Reseller Club?)

If it does at least these things, then I would be interested, especially as it appears to import our existing RC hosting accounts.

Trevor

The RC module sounds like a great addition for WHMCS reseller, but over many months of messages there has been a lot of discussion, upgrades and more discussion about development and so forth.

However, I am now confused as to exactly what this module does and now v2 is almost ready I thought its would be a good time to ask as I could not find a list anywhere.

I can see that it provisions hosting on the RC platform, but it may be helpful to provide a summary of the features to potential users (like us!)

Am I correct in assuming:

1. I can set up a product in WHMCS for a hosting service at RC

2. If a client purchases that product, it auto provisions the service at RC

3. It updates their WHMCS profile to show the product in their profile

4. It provides to the client communication detailing the setting up of the account (originated from WHMCS or Reseller Club?)

If it does at least these things, then I would be interested, especially as it appears to import our existing RC hosting accounts.

Trevor

My module is being updated to version 2.0 with a 3.0 release planned in the future with the ability to import products and clients from Resellerclub to WHMCS.

The module allows you to sell resellerclub hosting products from WHMCS. You can login to Resellerclub and define your custom hosting products and then using the provisioning module, you can sell those custom products to your customers.

The best part about this module is you don't have to give your clients access to Resellerclub and they don't have to receive emails from Resellerclub. When an order is placed, the user is added to Resellerclub if they don't already exist, then the product is created at Resellerclub. An automated process runs via Cron job and pulls down the account details from Resellerclub, updates WHMCS and sends an email to the user with all the info they need to manage their hosting account.

A new feature is the Automatic Renewal process. Because WHMCS assumes all hosting products renew automatically until cancelled, there isn't a manual renewal process. Resellerclub accounts don't auto renew until a payment is received. To deal with this issue, a custom process was written to monitor invoice payments and determine if a payment is for the renewal of a Resellerclub Hosting account. When a renewal payment is received, the Resellerclub product is renewed.

Another new feature is the ability to suspend and unsuspend Resellerclub Accounts.

-----

If you have any other questions about functionality, please ask!

Has the latest version been released yet? The one that was in beta?

Sorry I missed your post... Version 2 is still in beta testing. There have been a few minor issues resolved because of the Beta but I want to give it a little more time to see if anyone finds any other issues before I release it to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Just curious--now that WHMCS 4.5.1 includes a renewal function for provisioning modules, will you be taking advantage of this in your module? I'll definitely purchase if this is implemented.

Also, I haven't seen anything regarding a renewal function for provisioning modules.

Edit: never mind, found it in the PDF file. Just waiting for the provisioning module documentation to be updated. Either way, this functionality is already available,

Edited by tsiedsma

Either way, this functionality is already available,

I would just prefer it be handled with the new renewal feature rather than being more of a workaround. This module will be useful to me when renewals are fully support, so I'm looking forward to that.

I would just prefer it be handled with the new renewal feature rather than being more of a workaround. This module will be useful to me when renewals are fully support, so I'm looking forward to that.

Other than the release notes, I haven't found any supporting documentation of this new feature. I'm waiting to hear from Matt regarding this feature.

My implementation of the renewal functionality is not a work around, it utilizes hooks and the reseller club api to renew the product. It works great!

Sorry for double post, but I couldnt edit my previous message, just wanted to give you a feature request, if it is possible, but would it be possible to monitor users bandwidth, and if they go over the limit they get charged per Mb automatically? I know WHMCS already has a built in one (Not for ResellerClub), but I have no idea how to automate it.

• 2 weeks later...