Resellerclub Website Hosting Module

Have a Resellerclub account? Want to provide your customers with unlimited hosting but want to use WHMCS to sell and manage this product? Now you can!

Introducing the Resellerclub Provisioning Module. This module allows you to configure a product that is hosted by Resellerclub, Windows or Linux unlimited hosting. WHMCS will automatically provision and terminate accounts.

The download is available at https://www.lithiumhosting.com/billing/cart.php?gid=12

Initial release will be beta (FREE), once the bugs are worked out, the beta versions will be deactivated. The beta is limited, so serious interest only please.

Instructions will be emailed to you after checkout. Use this thread for support.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 years ago I tried resellerclub and their hosting was a night mare

Not sure If I want to try them again. Domain is fine but hosting !!!@%@%@%

I'm not selling their hosting here, I'm fulfilling a request for a module to allow selling their hosting. If some day you decide to give them another chance, buy the module!

Hi tsiedsma:

thanks for putting more modules to test.

I order the module and at the end at the moment to checkout shows an error, just to let you so you can check the system.

I receive the welcome and order confirmation email and the email with the information on the module. I will test it and if I have any comments or problems I will let you know with the errors comments etc.

I got a question. can you tell me where I find info on how setup a product like your module and be a download product and send a special email just for that product like this one of yours? Thanks.

thanks again and have a good day.

I have updated this module to version 1.0.2. This release adds better error handling and some other basic improvements. There shouldn't be anymore issues, but if there are, please post them here.

I got a question. can you tell me where I find info on how setup a product like your module and be a download product and send a special email just for that product like this one of yours? Thanks.

I purchased the WHMCS Licensing Addon and created a custom email template.

I have updated this module to version 1.0.2. This release adds better error handling and some other basic improvements. There shouldn't be anymore issues, but if there are, please post them here.

I purchased the WHMCS Licensing Addon and created a custom email template.

Thanks for telling me. Have a great day.

The Beta has been closed. This module is in good working order and all reported issues have been resolved. It has been confirmed to work on NetEarthOne and ResellerClub.

Version 1.0.3 is being released today, it adds support for Mail provisioning.

Will this module provision anything else such as their site builder, dedicated ip, ssl, etc?

It does allow provisioning of Dedicated IP with the Hosting. Since SSL and Site Builder are different products, I have not added any of that.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you provide more technical details on how this modules works?

For example - does the module create an account for the customer within your resellerclub account, or does it put the hosting under a single parent account similar to the directi registrar module?

Does WHMCS send out the welcome email - i.e. does the module store the control panel URLs or any other information necessary to send out in the welcome email from WHMCS?

Any details about the specific ways in which this module handles things would be useful.

This hosting module works like the domain module included with WHMCS. If a customer does not exist in Resellerclub under your resellerclub account, it will create a new customer. If the customer exists, it will just add the hosting product under their account.

Because the hosting account is not immediately created, and there isn't a callback, the information is pulled by the Cron Job. This includes the username and password for the new hosting account as well as the shared / dedicated IP address. You can send out an email by tieing it to the product like you would anything else. The idea is to have Resellerclub send out the email on your behalf so it includes all necessary information and links.

T.J.

The idea is to have Resellerclub send out the email on your behalf so it includes all necessary information and links.

T.J.

This could be a problem. If one uses resellerclub within WHMCS for domain registration, one typically has the "Do not send ANY mail to my Customers" option enabled in the resellerclub interface. This is because you want WHMCS to send the domain related emails, NOT resellerclub. Resellerclub emails would just point users back to your resellerclub supersite, which most people using WHMCS probably don't even use.

Thus, the hosting emails won't be sent from resellerclub either.

This could be a problem. If one uses resellerclub within WHMCS for domain registration, one typically has the "Do not send ANY mail to my Customers" option enabled in the resellerclub interface. This is because you want WHMCS to send the domain related emails, NOT resellerclub. Resellerclub emails would just point users back to your resellerclub supersite, which most people using WHMCS probably don't even use.

Thus, the hosting emails won't be sent from resellerclub either.

I totally agree that using WHMCS to send messages is ideal, but unfortunately, this is not possible using the Resellerclub API and WHMCS Provisioning Module kit. It would have to be custom written and triggered via cron job.

WHMCS automagically creates a username and password when the account is created but they don't correspond to the actual Resellerclub account that is created.

This is very good feedback, it is definitely something I would like to have built in, but until the Resellerclub provisioning API calls can return the username and password / url of the created account at the time of creation, this won't be possible.