WHMCS-CSF Auto Unblocking Module - Let you customer unban themselves - Save 25%

OK I've been battling with this for the last hour...

I've uploaded everything and all is good except when I test the server I get:

Remote file 500 Internal Server Error test: Passed

Local csf.deny write test: Failed

Local csf.deny read test: Failed

Local csf.tempban write test: Failed

Local csf.tempban read test: Failed

Apache User:

Local CSF rule list path:

To correct the csf.deny write/read error, issue the following command:

chmod 600 csf.deny

chown . csf.deny

chmod 600 csf.tempban

chown . csf.tempban

Now I've checked the remote server and the csf.deny file is owned by root and is set to chmod 600 so I cannot find the problem?

The one thing niggling at me is the use of the word "Local" in the error message. We have WHMCS installed on a Windows box in a separate DC from our Linux servers. This local does not imply that this module will only run on a whmcs install running on Linux surely??

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I've been battling with this for the last hour...

I've uploaded everything and all is good except when I test the server I get:

Remote file 500 Internal Server Error test: Passed

Local csf.deny write test: Failed

Local csf.deny read test: Failed

Local csf.tempban write test: Failed

Local csf.tempban read test: Failed

Apache User:

Local CSF rule list path:

chmod 600 csf.deny

chown . csf.deny

chmod 600 csf.tempban

chown . csf.tempban

Now I've checked the remote server and the csf.deny file is owned by root and is set to chmod 600 so I cannot find the problem?

The one thing niggling at me is the use of the word "Local" in the error message. We have WHMCS installed on a Windows box in a separate DC from our Linux servers. This local does not imply that this module will only run on a whmcs install running on Linux surely??

Can you open a support ticket at supportwire.net. The forum isn't the best place to ask for support.

• 3 weeks later...

We are writing a custom knowledgebase product for WHMCS and we have written an article on the step by step procedure on how to use your WHMCS-CSF Auto Unblocking Module in the WHMCS Client Area.

As users of the product we know we get lots of calls and putting the directions into our KB has been a real time save for our support staff. So we are just asking your permission to use your name and do the same in our KB product that is packaged for WHMCS.

We are writing a custom knowledgebase product for WHMCS and we have written an article on the step by step procedure on how to use your WHMCS-CSF Auto Unblocking Module in the WHMCS Client Area.

As users of the product we know we get lots of calls and putting the directions into our KB has been a real time save for our support staff. So we are just asking your permission to use your name and do the same in our KB product that is packaged for WHMCS.

That is fine. :)

• 3 weeks later...

By saying that the installation should be on a different server, do you mean a different domain or an actual server? and why?

I am asking this because I only have 1 server so if it should be on a different server (not domain) this means that I can't purchase this add-on

By saying that the installation should be on a different server, do you mean a different domain or an actual server? and why?

I am asking this because I only have 1 server so if it should be on a different server (not domain) this means that I can't purchase this add-on

Different server.

Because if your client is blocked on the same server as your whmcs, then you client wont be able to use it anyway.

Different server.

Because if your client is blocked on the same server as your whmcs, then you client wont be able to use it anyway.

Would it work if I install it on a different domain that has a different IP?

Most of the blocks I have are for emails / webmail but clients are still able to log-in to their billing account because WHMCS is installed on the same server but different IP.

Would it work if I install it on a different domain that has a different IP?

Most of the blocks I have are for emails / webmail but clients are still able to log-in to their billing account because WHMCS is installed on the same server but different IP.

I have never seen that happen. Unless you have the WHMCS's IP whitelisted within your CSF conf ?

I have never seen that happen. Unless you have the WHMCS's IP whitelisted within your CSF conf ?

well we can always try it :) if it works I will pay you if not you can just cancel the license.

If it does work, I am sure that there are alot of others just like me who only have 1 server and several IPs :) I might ask you for a percentage of your profit looool, just kidding

Edited by ZeHost

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...