WHMCS-CSF Auto Unblocking Module - Let you customer unban themselves - Save 25%

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im wondering how this module would go on a server where the client is the root user? we might like to offer this to managed dedicated clients where they have root dedicated server access, and arent using the whm module in whmcs

can this be done or does it only work at a reseller/client level?

Im wondering how this module would go on a server where the client is the root user? we might like to offer this to managed dedicated clients where they have root dedicated server access, and arent using the whm module in whmcs

can this be done or does it only work at a reseller/client level?

Well, this can be done. You will need to edit the clientareaproductdetails.tpl to get the unblocking option to show up.

Then on the remote server, you just need the remote files to be web accessible and setup the cronjob as root.

Whilst I understand that, a log even in the clients account under their notes would be something we'd be interested in.

Something that a tech could check their notes (or an additional tab) that shows their unblocks and their reason for being blocked and removal time)

It would be good to keep a record of this for audit purposes as well as good record keeping.

Just checked this out and should be doable. We should be including this in the next release. Not the one that just came out today.

Hi

has anyone else noticed coupon csf_intro does not work? i emailed them via contact us form on monday but i did not get a response :(

Hello Chris,

Unfortunately the coupon expired a couple weeks ago and we weren't able to edit our original post and thread.

We did have a problem with our contact form earlier of the week when it didn't get forwarded to our support system. We rectified the issue and also replied to those email manually. I'm assuming since you did not get a reply which means your initial form submission did not get through. I apologize for the trouble it had caused you

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or contact us using the form on our website.

Hi

has anyone else noticed coupon csf_intro does not work? i emailed them via contact us form on monday but i did not get a response :(

hi

your live chat is always offline too, i had some questions, does live chat usually operate?

That's strange that you see it offline, because I am on there right now. Which web page are you on right now while trying to access the live chat ?

Please try initiating a chat on http://supportwire.net

Edited by lonea

• 2 weeks later...
No, that $1.67 just shows the price break down per month when you pay annually.

Haha it would have helped if I had went to the next page.

Thanks Lol

Any chance this is going open source?

Also what's the difference between "owned" and monthly

if owned isn't the full source code?

Haha it would have helped if I had went to the next page.

Thanks Lol

Any chance this is going open source?

Also what's the difference between "owned" and monthly

if owned isn't the full source code?

No, it will not be going open source.

What is the difference between "owned" WHMCS vs monthly whmcs :)

Same concept, if you could afford the cost up front then you obviously would get the owned version.

well WHMCS is it's own software. you really don't need to update it unless you want to, or there is a big security issue.

whereas your product is an addon to not only WHMCS but CSF.

I would trust something i pay yearly that is ioncubed, rather than an ioncubed third party script.

I'm sure alot of people would agree with me. You would probably get more sales through open source rather than ioncube. And even if you don't get purchases for the product, you would still get probably alot of donations, if not even more than you make already (if anything).

I would really buy this if i could see the code itself.

that's why i'm thinking about whmcsgold, but i haven't heard too good of things from that person. =/

well WHMCS is it's own software. you really don't need to update it unless you want to, or there is a big security issue.

whereas your product is an addon to not only WHMCS but CSF.

I would trust something i pay yearly that is ioncubed, rather than an ioncubed third party script.

I'm sure alot of people would agree with me. You would probably get more sales through open source rather than ioncube. And even if you don't get purchases for the product, you would still get probably alot of donations, if not even more than you make already (if anything).

I would really buy this if i could see the code itself.

that's why i'm thinking about whmcsgold, but i haven't heard too good of things from that person. =/

Thanks for the concern. :)

May I suggest that you add a feature of recording the unblocked IP's in a log, viewable from the Admin area?

No doubt we would think of some other features in due course.

Whilst I understand that, a log even in the clients account under their notes would be something we'd be interested in.

Something that a tech could check their notes (or an additional tab) that shows their unblocks and their reason for being blocked and removal time)

It would be good to keep a record of this for audit purposes as well as good record keeping.

Just checked this out and should be doable. We should be including this in the next release. Not the one that just came out today.

As promised. V1.31 has been released with this new logging feature.

:)

Another suggestion would be:

Make the check for block status run on login to the client area and produce an output on the client area homepage or via a popup.

I presume this is available via an actionhook of some form.

Just a thought.

Not really possible unless your clients only have one products/services. If it has more than one, then what you want to do will loop through all of the hosting products. There will be a lot of wasted bandwidth and cpu usage.

We have already thought of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just finioshed installing the module and it appears to have installed ok however im having a couple of issues...

We have cPanel clients that are on dedicated servers and we want to give them access to this, they arent however setup as resellers or cpanel users in WHM because they use the dedicated server module, as we need that for bandwidth and apc related functions

How can i get the correct functions to display to them?

i tried removing the if statement from around the reseller section of the template code but this returned a blank page when tied to load the clients page

anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

also is there a way for the admin to manage what is and isnt blocked on servers from within the admin of whmcs?

Ive just finioshed installing the module and it appears to have installed ok however im having a couple of issues...

We have cPanel clients that are on dedicated servers and we want to give them access to this, they arent however setup as resellers or cpanel users in WHM because they use the dedicated server module, as we need that for bandwidth and apc related functions

How can i get the correct functions to display to them?

i tried removing the if statement from around the reseller section of the template code but this returned a blank page when tied to load the clients page

anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

also is there a way for the admin to manage what is and isnt blocked on servers from within the admin of whmcs?

-You can change the IF statement to

{if $type == "server"}

or if you want it to be more specific to certain servers. You can do the following

{if $type == "server" && ($product == "server1" || $product "server2"))}

server1 and server2 being the product name of your server.

-Not at the moment. We may add this feature in the future, but it is not a guarantee.