WHMCS-CSF Auto Unblocking Module - Let you customer unban themselves - Save 25%

I would have to agree set up was elusive on our 1st and 2nd try.

we thought it looks to be one of those scripts you set aside for a day or two then come back to and have better luck with..

But that is the nature of our game .. we live for the challenge...

That being said we may contact support for the magic juju that makes it all come together..

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree set up was elusive on our 1st and 2nd try.

we thought it looks to be one of those scripts you set aside for a day or two then come back to and have better luck with..

But that is the nature of our game .. we live for the challenge...

That being said we may contact support for the magic juju that makes it all come together..

Please do open up a ticket. We are actually changing some of the setup so that the installation on a remote server can be streamlined.

I must say you folks listen to the comments that people put out.. and with that being said we have to retract our previous statement on the install being difficult...

WITH the NEW version in place (and I am sure a few more tweaks to follow) we were able to get our 14 other servers geared up in about 30 minutes. AFTER getting the first one done..

And I must admit with the new package it was easier, and when we did have a small issue the support department was right on top of getting us to the end...

I am excited to see what this scrip is going to evolve into.

Well worth the price of admission...

A few days ago I purchased this csf_unblocking mod. Hoping that the developer wouldn’t be like the guy that sold the Gold unblocking mod.

First thing I discovered was that I couldn’t get the mod to work. I didn’t know if I didn’t fully understand the install instructions properly or did I get burned again…. :)

I decided to try their support and jumped on their Live Chat. I came clean and confessed that I was most likely a dumb a@@ and was unable to get the mod going. Fully expecting a terse, disrespectful response from an impatient developer. One that was going to imply that “Yes, I was a dumb a@@” and if I couldn’t get it installed. Then too bad.

I was surprised at the attitude that came across. Not only professional but patient , understanding and very helpful. It turns out that because my WHMCS installs runs on a Virtualmin Pro installation with my clients on a cPanel install on another server.. There were some peculiarities that are not present on a WHM/cPanel. Possibly the Apache/PHP build is a little tighter (security wise) than that with WHM/cPanel. I don’t know for sure. What I do know is that the developers of this mod spent most of the daylight hours yesterday, some last night and even more today looking for the problem.

Make the proverbial long story short. After lunch today. They zeroed in on the problem and fixed it. It was just some differences between Virtualmin Pro and cPanel. Don’t ask me the details because I don’t know them…. Ask the developers.

So with all that said. I must say this. Any developers that spend this much time troubleshooting problems are the real deal. These guys have strongly demonstrated to me that they mean what they say about standing behind their mod. They offer free support. They worked their tails off and only smiled and said “No problem” when I kept apologizing for them having to work this much on my install.

They set a high standard of customer service for themselves to uphold. They surpassed it in my eyes. These developers have joined my very short list of trustworthy folks to deal with and they’re only the second to be added to my list.

Unfortunately, I know there are some who will complain about this statement. I don’t care, take it somewhere else. And I’m adding this. My endorsement is from me. I’m not being compensated somehow to make it. I merely feel that outstanding performance should be recognized in their venue.

I heartily recommend these developers without reservation.

Thanks guys!

-Roger

A few days ago I purchased this csf_unblocking mod. Hoping that the developer wouldn’t be like the guy that sold the Gold unblocking mod.

First thing I discovered was that I couldn’t get the mod to work. I didn’t know if I didn’t fully understand the install instructions properly or did I get burned again…. :)

I decided to try their support and jumped on their Live Chat. I came clean and confessed that I was most likely a dumb a@@ and was unable to get the mod going. Fully expecting a terse, disrespectful response from an impatient developer. One that was going to imply that “Yes, I was a dumb a@@” and if I couldn’t get it installed. Then too bad.

I was surprised at the attitude that came across. Not only professional but patient , understanding and very helpful. It turns out that because my WHMCS installs runs on a Virtualmin Pro installation with my clients on a cPanel install on another server.. There were some peculiarities that are not present on a WHM/cPanel. Possibly the Apache/PHP build is a little tighter (security wise) than that with WHM/cPanel. I don’t know for sure. What I do know is that the developers of this mod spent most of the daylight hours yesterday, some last night and even more today looking for the problem.

Make the proverbial long story short. After lunch today. They zeroed in on the problem and fixed it. It was just some differences between Virtualmin Pro and cPanel. Don’t ask me the details because I don’t know them…. Ask the developers.

So with all that said. I must say this. Any developers that spend this much time troubleshooting problems are the real deal. These guys have strongly demonstrated to me that they mean what they say about standing behind their mod. They offer free support. They worked their tails off and only smiled and said “No problem” when I kept apologizing for them having to work this much on my install.

They set a high standard of customer service for themselves to uphold. They surpassed it in my eyes. These developers have joined my very short list of trustworthy folks to deal with and they’re only the second to be added to my list.

Unfortunately, I know there are some who will complain about this statement. I don’t care, take it somewhere else. And I’m adding this. My endorsement is from me. I’m not being compensated somehow to make it. I merely feel that outstanding performance should be recognized in their venue.

I heartily recommend these developers without reservation.

Thanks guys!

-Roger

Thanks for the kind words Roger. To be honest you are not a "dumb a@@" at all. You fully understood what we were trying to say whether on live chat or via email. It was a pleasure working with you.

I must say the installation instruction is kind of hard to understand at first. I do believe we gave too many options and settings for our users to setup. Especially with the two method of installation on the remote server. Given this situation, we are going to go with Method two as our default installation method in our next release. Since most of the user are using method two as the installation method anyway.

We should also have a remote server installation pack ready for use in the next release.

Again, thank you for trusting us with your servers.

I must agree with everything Roger said.

Because what really truly sheads even a brighter light on all this is while they (The Developers) where going through all that with Roger they were in fact doing the same thing with us...

Server after Server...Over and Over.. Hour after Hour..

Roger we won the dumb a@@ award by the way..

So hats off to you folks and you have our support as well...

Now if we can just teach the customers to use the little button...

CAN YOU FIX THAT?

I must agree with everything Roger said.

Because what really truly sheads even a brighter light on all this is while they (The Developers) where going through all that with Roger they were in fact doing the same thing with us...

Server after Server...Over and Over.. Hour after Hour..

Roger we won the dumb a@@ award by the way..

So hats off to you folks and you have our support as well...

Now if we can just teach the customers to use the little button...

CAN YOU FIX THAT?

Thanks for your kind comment :)

Does the module come with a language file or is it possible to translate all pages/features visible to customers in the unencoded files/template files?

Currently the module only support one language (customizable). If there is enough demand for multi language, we may put it in future release.

May I suggest that you add a feature of recording the unblocked IP's in a log, viewable from the Admin area?

No doubt we would think of some other features in due course.

We didn't want to put additional unnecessary data into the database, which is why the logging is not implement. Instead we put in the email notification as a replacement of the log, which we believe it does the same job.

We didn't want to put additional unnecessary data into the database, which is why the logging is not implement. Instead we put in the email notification as a replacement of the log, which we believe it does the same job.

Whilst I understand that, a log even in the clients account under their notes would be something we'd be interested in.

Something that a tech could check their notes (or an additional tab) that shows their unblocks and their reason for being blocked and removal time)

It would be good to keep a record of this for audit purposes as well as good record keeping.

Whilst I understand that, a log even in the clients account under their notes would be something we'd be interested in.

Something that a tech could check their notes (or an additional tab) that shows their unblocks and their reason for being blocked and removal time)

It would be good to keep a record of this for audit purposes as well as good record keeping.

We will see if this is possible with the current admin record column.