Hosting Account Welcome Email

bigXor

I don't seem to be able to figure out how to send this standard template email to my clients.

"Hosting Account Welcome Email"

Seems like it should go out after the Welcome Email in "Client Profile". or maybe after account has been accepted from a pending status.

It should not go out until WHM setup has been completed and the IP address set ( just in case they ordered a dedicated IP).

Edited by bigXor

Go to the Client's Product/Services tab, scroll to the bottom and select the Welcome email from the Send Message Dropdown list.

This I have done. The message will only be sent if the "Instant Setup Option" is ticked. Ticking the other types fail to send message. I am using one of my spare domain names as I am not live yet.

The email sent instantly does not provide the real IP address created in the WHM package. It just reports my dedicated IP that I entered in "Server" setup. The only thing I can see that cant be found in the WHMCS database is the cPanel password.

I cannot find any way to send this message manually.

The Turn-up email is very important and should be automated and "Correct".

You need to add the server that your hosting packages are on then and setup the product the that particular server.

Thanks for the tip. I was planning on doing that by creating hidden products to select manually when stting up the clients account, this will put the client on the correct shared IP I choose.

I'm still stuck with the fact that WHMCS does not send the "Turn-up email" after the WHM (package) account is created. It does not send it ever, and there is no manual way to send it.

What are you talking about no way to send it manually? rodeoXtreme already told you how to that. It only doesn't send automatically because you've configured something wrong and you can send it manually that way any time. Look at the docs if you need more guidance.

The setup is as described by other members.

The fact still remains that the message is NOT being sent.

I could use some expert advice as to what to look for in configuring if the message option is working for you.

The Wiki does not describe this situation.

Could it be a problem with the Database or cPanel/WHM or some scripting error?

When you setup the packages in whmcs, did you select the correct welcome email template that is to be used with that package.

Yes I did. The email is only sent if I tick Instant Account Setup. I have 3 share IP's that I want to distribute evenly so I prefer to setup the purchase manually. But the Turn-up email never gets sent to the client.

This server is not being marketed right now and I'm using one of my spare domains to test WHMCS with.

I have tried many ways to get this email sent after a manual "Accept" account process and I just can't seem to get it to work.

Correct.

Iif you want to send a product specific email, you do that from the product details page, not the client summary :D

This can be also made in clients profile area.First,click the send option

in the "send mail" area.Then,it will bring you to a page on which you can

edit the email.Write what you want in the body of the email and send it

to your customer.It's Ok.:-P

I tried that. I copied the code form the template I wanted to send and pasted it to the "Credit Card Expire Soon' template and the email was sent without any of the database tables included.

So basically the email looked identical just all the info parts were blank.

• 2 months later...

I too am having this issue. I have everything configured as discussed in this thread. In the beginning this email was being sent out, however now it is not. I am also unable to send it manually from the products and services page. When selected and I click send, the browser page clears and says done. No email sent, no return to WHMCS.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I too am having this issue. I have everything configured as discussed in this thread. In the beginning this email was being sent out, however now it is not. I am also unable to send it manually from the products and services page. When selected and I click send, the browser page clears and says done. No email sent, no return to WHMCS.

Same issue here, and just about the lamest response to this thread or problem. :evil:

<p>Dear {$client_name},</p>

<p align="center"><strong>PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL IN FULL AND PRINT IT FOR YOUR RECORDS</strong></p>

<p>Thank you for your order from us! Your hosting account has now been setup and this email contains all the information you will need in order to begin using your account.</p>

<p>If you have requested a domain name during sign up, please keep in mind that your domain name will not be visible on the internet instantly. This process is called propagation and can take up to 48 hours. Until your domain has propagated, your website and email will not function, we have provided a temporary url which you may use to view your website and upload files in the meantime.</p>

<p><strong>New Account Information</strong></p>

<p>Hosting Package: {$service_product_name}<br />Domain: {$service_domain}<br />First Payment Amount: {$service_first_payment_amount}<br />Recurring Amount: {$service_recurring_amount}<br />Billing Cycle: {$service_billing_cycle}<br />Next Due Date: {$service_next_due_date}</p>

<p><strong>Login Details</strong></p>

<p>Username: {$service_username}<br />Password: {$service_password}</p>

<p>Control Panel URL: <a href="http://{$service_server_ip}:2222/">http://{$service_server_ip}:2222/</a> <br />Once your domain has propogated, you may also use <a href="http://www.{$service_domain}:22222/'>http://www.{$service_domain}:22222/">http://www.{$service_domain}:2222/</a></p>'>http://www.{$service_domain}:2222/</a></p>

<p><strong>Server Information</strong></p>

<p>Server Name: {$service_server_name}<br />Server IP: {$service_server_ip}</p>

<p>If you are using an existing domain with your new hosting account, you will need to update the nameservers to point to the nameservers listed below.</p>

<p>Nameserver 1: {$service_ns1} ({$service_ns1_ip})<br />Nameserver 2: {$service_ns2} ({$service_ns2_ip}){if $service_ns3}<br />Nameserver 3: {$service_ns3} ({$service_ns3_ip}){/if}{if $service_ns4}<br />Nameserver 4: {$service_ns4} ({$service_ns4_ip}){/if}</p>

<p><strong>Uploading Your Website</strong></p>

<p>Temporarily you may use one of the addresses given below to manage your web site:</p>

<p>Temporary FTP Hostname: <a href="ftp://ftp.{$service_server_ip">ftp.{$service_server_ip</a>}</p>

<p>And once your domain has propagated you may use the details below:</p>

<p>FTP Hostname: {$service_domain}<br />Webpage URL: <a href="http://www.{$service_domain}">http://www.{$service_domain}</a></p>

<p><strong>Email Settings</strong></p>

<p>For email accounts that you setup, you should use the following connection details in your email program:</p>

<p>POP3 Host Address: mail.{$service_domain}<br />SMTP Host Address: mail.{$service_domain}<br />Username: The email address you are checking email for<br />Password: As specified in your control panel</p>

<p>Thank you for choosing us.</p>

<p>Your Web Hosting</p>

Edited by B00Mer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...