WHMCS Chat/Live Support Module!!

Maybe you should wait to advertise mods in the future until you actually have them ready?

Just a suggestion as you seem to have many "started" for months that aren't finished. And people may start to lose confidence.

We are at the moment deciding whether or not to move forward with a livezilla integration which would be able to pull data from whmcs, and do not want to waste our time doing such if your chat program is as good as you proclaim it to be.

I understand you are busy, but do you have a time frame for a list of features?

Any technical aspects such as, is it going to run off ajax. Also is this mod a custom creation or are you going to be utilizing an already existing chat program and integrating it as the previous "developer" was?

My apologies in advance if I seem full of questions but I am just wanting to to make a solid decision on whether to wait for this mod or move on...

Thanks in advance for any information.

This is all custom written by me, ajax, etc. Everything is 100% done for version 1.0.. Just need to get the licensing addon working right :) BTW.. There's quite a bit of information in this topic if you'd like to get a good idea how this project has progressed in the last week.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've re-read just to make sure I hadn't missed anything :-)

I just see some requests and your statements that things are being added but do not see really what will and will not actually be included, for instance in one post you replied that the windows and linux apps will be out this/next week and in another post you state that they are "planned" so was just trying to get an understanding of what really is and isn't going to be included...

Since you are stating you are working on the Licensing addon then you are saying that this will be encoded, and will require a connection to the licensing server?

Really not interested if that is the case, I thought you were going to be offering an unencoded version, if so what is the point of the licensing?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

I've re-read just to make sure I hadn't missed anything :-)

I just see some requests and your statements that things are being added but do not see really what will and will not actually be included, for instance in one post you replied that the windows and linux apps will be out this/next week and in another post you state that they are "planned" so was just trying to get an understanding of what really is and isn't going to be included...

Since you are stating you are working on the Licensing addon then you are saying that this will be encoded, and will require a connection to the licensing server?

Really not interested if that is the case, I thought you were going to be offering an unencoded version, if so what is the point of the licensing?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Good questions..

A win/mac app is in the works..

There will be multiple versions: Monthly/Annually(encoded), and owned(full source)..

I'm just packing up all the files and preparing them for release now, and will have all the details up on http://whmcslive.com shortly.

This took a bit longer than I had hoped, but you'll all be glad I took the extra time to work out the bugs. I also want to make it clear that in the next week I'll likely be releasing another update as there are quire a few features I have planned, but I wanted to let you all try this out first to get some more feedback :)

Please be patent while I write the readme/install instructions and feature list. Thanks :)

Well in hopes that this actually gets released, here are some features that I would like to see...

The option to allow only logged in customers to chat in certain departments, just like whmcs ticket system works now....

Co-Browse within customer account as well and be able to edit regions/ highlight areas for customer etc...

The option to send customer to url if offline for example open a ticket or contact us form...

The option to ban customer from chat but not account...

Push url

The ability to have operators that can not access admin area but can access customers account

The ability for operators that can not access customer account or admin area, for example level 1 2 and 3 operators....

I'm adding the copyright comments and uploading now :) I'll post a new topic with the download link after that.

The option to allow only logged in customers to chat in certain departments, just like whmcs ticket system works now....

That's already included, and many of the features you mentioned are already on my list for version 1.1 :)

go to http://whmcslive.com and this is what you get

Hmm, whmcslive.com isn't loading right now.

The computers that run whmcslive.com are having some trouble. Usually this is just a temporary problem, so you might want to try again in a few minutes.

Sponsored Resource

Want more detail? See which nameservers are failing.

Nameserver trace for whmcslive.com:

* Looking for who is responsible for root zone and followed i.root-servers.net.

* Looking for who is responsible for com and followed m.gtld-servers.net.

* Looking for who is responsible for whmcslive.com and followed ns2.fiberelephant.com.

Nameservers for whmcslive.com:

* ns1.fiberelephant.com returned (SERVFAIL)

* ns2.fiberelephant.com returned (SERVFAIL)

go to http://whmcslive.com and this is what you get

Hmm, whmcslive.com isn't loading right now.

The computers that run whmcslive.com are having some trouble. Usually this is just a temporary problem, so you might want to try again in a few minutes.

Sponsored Resource

Want more detail? See which nameservers are failing.

Nameserver trace for whmcslive.com:

* Looking for who is responsible for root zone and followed i.root-servers.net.

* Looking for who is responsible for com and followed m.gtld-servers.net.

* Looking for who is responsible for whmcslive.com and followed ns2.fiberelephant.com.

Nameservers for whmcslive.com:

* ns1.fiberelephant.com returned (SERVFAIL)

* ns2.fiberelephant.com returned (SERVFAIL)

I restarted my server :)

We are at the moment deciding whether or not to move forward with a livezilla integration which would be able to pull data from whmcs, and do not want to waste our time doing such if your chat program is as good as you proclaim it to be.

You can't go wrong with the FREE Livezilla....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
That's actually a simple setting that you can alter to fit your needs.. Along with showing a text link, image, and/or tracking code you can set whether to show anything at all if you're not online :)

I realized that this type of demo only really works when I'm available, so prior to it's release I will be offering a trial so you can try everything out on your own system :)

where is it? I want to see it and have few questions about it. Is it possible to post this chat module as a Image (banner size) so when customers click it, it goes to chat where live operator could help them with anything they need.

I believe this module has been discontinued do to complications with it. Though I could be wrong.

There is an official live chat module released by WHMCS and Stardevelop or there is the one I provide as an alternative for free. There are plenty of threads discussing both of these integrated solutions.