WHMCS Chat/Live Support Module!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to this also, forgive me for asking, but i quite simply cant be bothered to read through everything again if you've already written it lol,

How much will this module be for people previously purchased from whmcsdev.com i think it is?

And how much will this module be for new customers?

Also does it have any features for instance if new chat comes in with a email already in database it brings up the customers details or if there logged in maybe?

This is already in place :)

As for price, I don't have it set yet. Although I'm open for suggestions on what you feel is a fair price :) I'll post a feature list for v1.0 later today and you can go off of that.

I did say and still will be giving those customers of whmcsdev.com a discount. At this point I'm thinking 50% off. Keep in mind that I didn't make a single cent, and I'm just doing this as good faith because I don't think they should have to pay twice to get a good solution.

Depends on the features you have really on price mate, if its as good or better than livezilla or close to it i can imagine you getting lots of customers for it, if its good maybe $40?

And for whmcsdevs..com customers $20

And for me $1? :-)

Or are you hoping on getting more than $40 for it like?

Just a surgestion :)

Cheers

Depends on the features you have really on price mate, if its as good or better than livezilla or close to it i can imagine you getting lots of customers for it, if its good maybe $40?

And for whmcsdevs..com customers $20

And for me $1? :-)

Or are you hoping on getting more than $40 for it like?

Just a surgestion :)

Cheers

Honestly I was thinking $50, that's considering all the features that only this chat will have/can have since it's integrated into WHMCS.

I will be considering discounts for those who have purchased it from whmcsdev.com once it's released, but I want to make something completely clear: This module is 100% coded by me and no part of the first module has been used in this. Really it has no association with the first module except it's a live chat module.

I actually think a fair price would be $50 a year or $5 a month. I think its best that you dont do a one time cost because you need to support your clients and also have that money to continually flow in, which will be some added motivation to continue to support/improve it. I think those are more than fair prices.

I actually think a fair price would be $50 a year or $5 a month. I think its best that you dont do a one time cost because you need to support your clients and also have that money to continually flow in, which will be some added motivation to continue to support/improve it. I think those are more than fair prices.

Thanks for the feedback. I think something like that would work out well :)

I just spoke with siforek on his live chat app and it worked out quite well. Spoke with him about some ideas and he actually already had many of them in the works or on his roadmap. Plus a few others that i hadnt though of. Anyway, i think its going to be a very successful app.

Now that I've got most of the functionality for version 1.0 it's now time to get a nice looking default design for the admin console and client side chat. Although I'm completely capable, my time is best spent on development and I know there's a few of you that are far better designers than I. So I'm looking for someone to help me out here. My requirements are as follows:

• Design(s) as PSD(s) (will slice/code it myself)
  • Minimal use of images
  • Must fit well with V4 admin template
  • Simple, Professional, etc.

In return the designer will receive a free lifetime license and be credited for their work. If interested please email examples of your work to tj[at]tjphippen.com and I'll get you the current content. For a good designer this shouldn't take more than an hour or two, but it must be done by Friday otherwise I'll just do it myself.

I want to make it completely clear that smarty templates are being used, so this is only for the default template and everyone is welcome to customize it to fit their site's design. :)

I don't agree with that.

I think the pricing MACscr suggested is quite reasonable.

It all depends on what you want for your business. We're willing to pay for licenses if the script meets our needs. We even pay monthly, though it costs more in the end, to support the developers (we pay monthly for all of our WHMCS licenses for this very reason - gives the developer recurring income).

We use SupportSuite from Kayako today (though we want to move away from it). We tried Livezilla but didn't like the resources the client used and were not comfortable using Freeware for live chat used to support our clients.

so, does that mean that even if you develop a crappy mod in a couple of days and price it $99 you can survive?

WHMCS team worked for 3-4 years or more to get this far and they sell it for $250 (owned license).

this sounds awkward: i got a new Ferrari for $100,000 and then i pay $50,000 for an Vauxhall umbrella because it matches the Ferrari upholstery.

man, i'll start developing some WHMCS mods, i'll get rich in no time.

No. If it's no good then nobody will buy it.

$50 isn't much money at all if the mod streamlines certain areas of your business. For example you may need to ask a visitor for their domain name in Livezilla so you can lookup their account, but if this were to provide a clickable link to go straight to their account information it's saved you some time.

If you think you can do a better job, maybe you should start making your own mods, sell them at $20 a piece and see how long you last.

I agree with the yearly pricing structure that most have suggested, If the code is not encrypted and doesn't require a callback to licensing server.

As it would be a waste of money, time, and resources if siforek got hit by a bus or got 25 to life next week:shock: and could no longer provide updates if it is encoded.(not wishing anything on you but stuff happens)

I understand that you stated there would be two different prices for encoded and unencoded, but if it is a yearly fee that you decide to go with I would say that the fee is for updates/continued support, so you can continue to use your current setup for example chat version 1.0 on whmcs 4.1 but if a year from now your chat is version 4.0 and whmcs is 6.0 you would need to update but could still use 1.0 on 4.0 without expiring...

Thanks everyone for your comments about the pricing. I think we're all on the same page here :) While my modules have provided some nice passive income, they've never paid my bills and I'm ok with that. All I'm looking to do is cover my time, help the community, and do something I love. I think we all know that this type of module requires much more work long term (updates/support) and this one is more and more becoming my "baby" and has huge plans for the future.