WHMCS Chat/Live Support Module!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,

one thing that i'm not sure if you have addressed is the accessibility for a blind admin, using screen reading applications to use. I will buy it if it works for blind admins.

Second is the blind customer or client. I think that they needed to be supported as well. No, it's not a major market, but they are there.

Third thing, not sure if you've addressed this, but what if a client selects support, it requests for the support ticket number? I feel that this would be a good option, if a client has five or six tickets, so that the rep does not have to go threw all the client's tickets to get to the correct ticket.

Finally, regarding pricing information, i personally like to have a monthly pricing option, as i feel that this is better for web hosting, or clients, who do not have a lot of money to give out for an up frunt expense, and if it works for you, i feel that a lot of people would rather paying monthly.

one more thing that i just thought of, is you had someone ask if there could be a way for a mac user to use it from a client or osmething, is it possible to add jabber support, or use some sort of way to tigh it into the adium program, http://adiumx.com and this would then address the "blind" users, the "mac" users who want a client, and you wouldn't have to create a client for it. If you do make it tigh into a jabber server, i could be wrong, but i beleave there is a version of fire for windows, linux, and mac users (not sure on the fire for mac users), but there is adium that connects to jabber, and much more other clients out there.

mike

Desktop apps for linux, windows, and mac are being planned. Also, I'll be working on a mobile version as well as putting some serious consideration towards features for the blind, although it will take some time.

I also need all those who previously purchased the "other" chat module to contact me directly( tj[at]tjphippen.com ) so I can credit their accounts as promised :)

We're looking to switch away from SupportSuite to using WHMCS' ticket system. Being able to import the Chat Transcripts into WHMCS Live (or whatever you end up calling this 3rd Party module) so we don't lose them would be very nice (we've found ourselves looking over a client's chat history when replying to a current chat session or a support ticket).

siforek is not with whmcsdev.com and this chat has nothing to do with it either. At this moment he is redoing his website. The best way to find all his mods at this point is to browse the 'commercial' section and find the topics started by him. I am sure the site will be up soon, but he is also working on getting the chat released.

You can also go to fiberelephant.com and chat with if online and get information.

This is SIMPLY amazing. We will be able to pull out the clients data within the chat correct?

Yes, right now it pulls their basic information, but I'm going to have it list their active products/services, open tickets, and unpaid invoices..

An another note I'm happy to announce that Matt has granted me the use of the name "WHMCS Live" :) So now it's just up to me to get a few bugs worked out today and release it :)

Here's gone and done another disappearing act again!

It is 7:33pm and Siforek is not another disappearing act. I get the impression that some users would rather have a Chat system that may contain bugs right now than rather have a clean script a few hours later. He will get this out as he states, so, be patient.

I'm just working out a few minor bugs right now.. You're patience will pay off. It's 5:45pm here, sorry for the confusion..

Maybe you should wait to advertise mods in the future until you actually have them ready?

Just a suggestion as you seem to have many "started" for months that aren't finished. And people may start to lose confidence.

We are at the moment deciding whether or not to move forward with a livezilla integration which would be able to pull data from whmcs, and do not want to waste our time doing such if your chat program is as good as you proclaim it to be.

I understand you are busy, but do you have a time frame for a list of features?

Any technical aspects such as, is it going to run off ajax. Also is this mod a custom creation or are you going to be utilizing an already existing chat program and integrating it as the previous "developer" was?

My apologies in advance if I seem full of questions but I am just wanting to to make a solid decision on whether to wait for this mod or move on...

Thanks in advance for any information.