How to rename index file?

nimonogi

you can accomplish that by creating a new custom page called portal.php with a portal.tpl file , than place all the code from within the homepage.tpl file into the new portal.php file and change all your navigation links (if you are using the breadcrumbs beware no links will work) and than place your homepage code within the homepage.tpl file that is what we had to do as our site is 100% built within WHMCS only other draw back besides breadcrumbs is ou homepage title is Impact Connections . Support Home no way to change as the index.php file is encrypted

hope that helps if not ask and i will try more

only other draw back besides breadcrumbs is ou homepage title is Impact Connections . Support Home no way to change as the index.php file is encrypted

You could easily change this within the header.tpl file, where it says

<title>{$companyname} - {$pagetitle}

Something like this would work:

<title>{$companyname} - {if $pagetitle eq "Portal Home"}Custom Title{else}{$pagetitle}{/if}

That will change the default Portal Home title to Custom Title ;) (worked fine for me, just tested it)

Also consider using .htaccess to define which file should be used on the home page:

Example:

DirectoryIndex custom_homepage.php

You may need to put a .htaccess file in the admin folder like:

DirectoryIndex index.php

So it does not mess that up.

• 12 years later...

Hi,

Sorry, for having previously written in Portuguese.

I'm using the lowendhost free theme and would like to put it in the same directory as whmcs.

I found a problem, they both have the index.php file.

Is it possible to rename or create a shortcut to the whmcs index within the lowendhost site?

Any help would be welcome.

kako