[NEWB] Multi-currency

maknet

I'm a little confused / frustrated with the multi-currency.

I'm also totally new at this so please be patient.

I made a hosting package for $25 CAD and $25 USD / month.

I make a new invoice.

It says the invoice for $8.06 CAD... wuh?

Now i'm lost. Am i mis-configuring something or something?

Any help is appreciated. Similarly, if there's anyone that offers one-on-one tutorials on this, that would be helpful.

Lawrence

Given it is the 20th of the month, and the month is approximately 2/3rd's over, I can only assume your product has the "Prorata Billing" option enabled under the Pricing tab in the admin.

If so, please disable it and set the "Prorata Date" and "Charge Next Month" (under the same tab) to 0.

Also, the first currency you add is made your default currency (in WHMCS). So if you added CAD first, then CAD is the default. Any others you add after that will be made relative to CAD.

In your case, CAD is the default currency when ordering. Combined with the above, a client would get an invoice for approximately $8 CAD if they didn't specify a different currency during their initial order.

Given it is the 20th of the month, and the month is approximately 2/3rd's over, I can only assume your product has the "Prorata Billing" option enabled under the Pricing tab in the admin.

If so, please disable it and set the "Prorata Date" and "Charge Next Month" (under the same tab) to 0.

Thanks a lot. I think that makes a lot of sense!

Very much appreciated, i'll have to take a look at it tomorrow

how does the multi-currency work anyways?

It just stays in the currency that it was charged in?

Or when does it get converted?

And can it actually pull real-time rates from the net?

Thanks.

Lawrence

Thanks a lot. I think that makes a lot of sense!

Very much appreciated, i'll have to take a look at it tomorrow

how does the multi-currency work anyways?

It just stays in the currency that it was charged in?

Or when does it get converted?

And can it actually pull real-time rates from the net?

Thanks.

Lawrence

No problem. Currencies can be added via the "Setup" option "Currencies". The first one you add is the default one. Others are based on the conversion from the default one.

Each client is assigned a currency to be billed in, either by you or by their choices during ordering (what currency they selected). The conversion is done automatically.

The data is pulled from Yahoo I believe, by WHMCS. You can update the conversion rates and product prices in the following ways:

1) Manually via the "Currencies" link under "Setup" in the admin

2) Automatically via the cron each day. There are settings to control this under "Automation Settings" under "Setup" in the admin

The above will affect only new services and orders. Existing services will not be automatically updated.

• 1 month later...