Upcoming: Plan Comparison Mod r2

I think it is about time that someone starts making "mods" open source rather than someone going through the forums taking others mods encoding them and selling them, making a few template adjustments and playing them off as they are worth something etc... Someone has a following of believers in a wannabe coder and I think he/she really has them fooled anyhow.

I'm sure you can guess who I am referring to as you all know who it is :-)

I think it is about time that someone starts making "mods" open source rather than someone going through the forums taking others mods encoding them and selling them, making a few template adjustments and playing them off as they are worth something etc... Someone has a following of believers in a wannabe coder and I think he/she really has them fooled anyhow.

I am really hoping you are not referring to Steve(Sparky)

cause i know this is his work, Not someone elses.

Finally, someone with half a brain. It's bad enough a**holes post in this thread, but they also post inaccurate info that I have debunked time and time again.

I am really hoping you are not referring to Steve(Sparky)

cause i know this is his work, Not someone elses.

Guys, please do not insinuate that he stole someone else's work (or I did for that matter), as I know neither of us did anything of the sort.

Must you be an ass? Obviously I knew that that it would not include the WHMCS header and footer. But it should include anything not specific to WHMCS itself (the same format comparison table), but alas it did not.

I requested a refund because I felt the product (the mod, in this case) was unsatisfactory for my purposes. Under Australian Trade Practices Act, that qualifies for a refund. Case closed.

Yes of course I must be an ass. Just forget the $10 cause you are not getting a refund!

You purchased the product you thought it included something which it didn't as per description.

Now give me your address so I can mail you a coupon for $10 off at your nearest grocery store!

I agree that you should make your own mod but you probably should have never brought your competitors name into it, I personally don't feel you should be refunded as you got what you paid for. BUT, If it were me I would personally just give you the refund to show good customer relations, who knows maybe you would want to even buy a different mod and have part of that payment go to it, or maybe just a discount on another mod, (I'm sure that isn't the case now but probably could have worked something out)

Yes of course I must be an ass. Just forget the $10 cause you are not getting a refund!

You purchased the product you thought it included something which it didn't as per description.

Now give me your address so I can mail you a coupon for $10 off at your nearest grocery store!

No. I got an unsatisfactory product. The law states that it sides with the buyer (me) and he is illegally denying what I would be entitled to. I don't care about the money, it's purely the principle.

I agree that you should make your own mod but you probably should have never brought your competitors name into it, I personally don't feel you should be refunded as you got what you paid for. BUT, If it were me I would personally just give you the refund to show good customer relations, who knows maybe you would want to even buy a different mod and have part of that payment go to it, or maybe just a discount on another mod, (I'm sure that isn't the case now but probably could have worked something out)

Exactly. Perhaps I should have not drawn a direct comparison to his when announcing my intentions (after the whole illegally denying refund fiasco between me and him via ticket).

I was not satisfied with the product provided and fulfilling the refund would have resulted in me walking away quietly and satisfied. Now I have just added another person to the list of people I will advise others to stay away from.

That is kinda of what I said... maybe sparky would have given him partial refund but this guy is unreasonalbe.

That's not open for discussion. The law entitles me to a refund, which I politely requested and got rudely refused. He brought this upon himself.

you know what lars you decide to show a legislation and or regulation stating the fact that you are entitled to such a refund than you can start demanding it cause im sorry but all you have shown here is links the sam as i have to do with the rights and wrongs bring out the laws as a mandate and than regulations binding him to same than legislation to hold him to it and than you can talk and demand until than all you are coming across as is just another typical newfie ( yes i am canadiian and can use that terminology ) if you can produce a canadian legislation proving you (the buyer from canada) and hold Steve (the seller from austrailia) to any type of legality becuase you wont be able to as there is no type of free trade agreement with the canadian government and the Aussie Government like there is with us and the usa all the laws you can throw out here till your blue in the face will not gevern this issue as canadian buyers take chances with over seas purchases and you know that as well as i do but you are throwing out a whole pile of jumble hoping someone will make sense of it .

You Show a Legal Document from within the Austrailian Government or the Canadian Government covering the sales of international goods and the refund policy that is effect to cover both regions than you can demand until you produce that you are S.O.L sorry bro but it is the truth and you know it and if you are going to sit there and deny it well we know you are from Newfoundland and that expains alot

man, what a childish figh! Give the guy some credit for creating this modules for free. He did this in his own time, with his own experience and you're trying to make him look like the fool?

Since when is only one person allowed to develop something useful? If Sparky's didn't work for Lawrence, and Lawrence wanted to make his own, so be it. Did you even try your own? Grow up guys, this is business, not a food fight!

I am working on a new plan comparison page after purchasing Sparky's and being completely dissatisfied with the code and flexibility of it (it was nowhere near what the screenshots described).

Mine will be fully open source and compatible with the WHMCS currency system and displaying hosting packages by groups. Only cPanel will be officially supported.

A beta of the work so far can be seen on our site @

http://www.lcwsoft.com/plans3.php

Hi Lawrence,

I'm very interested in your script. How's the dev. going? Do you need some help with it?

Hi Sparky,

I fully admit that I did look at the latest copy, to verify that it supported what you said. Still, it does not change the fact you misled potential signups with the lack of notice on your site that the screenshot (of the template) was only an example. Therefore, you did falsely advertise your mod.

A post on a forum is not sufficient to advise people that the screenshot (of the template) is just an example. You have to make it known on the product details on your site as well (which you did not). Your failure to do so is not my fault, nor should I be expected to suffer for it. My only mistake was not reading every bit of text on this forum about your mod, that is it.

Lawrence,

Firstly thanks for saving those screenshots of the previous version as I forgot to save a copy before I put up the latest version that supports V4 Multi-Currency.

Lets take a close look at it.

• The screenshot - shows a hosting comparison table with values from the products database. Simple!

• The description - "This mod will enable you to display a hosting comparison page with the values from the product table from your database.
    Note: This works only within the WHMCS root folder.
    Some editing is required in your template."

Once again simple! clearly states exactly what it does and not misleading.

Any screenshot/picture for any product is commonly known as an example of what the product does or can do.

You have noted and commented that I have added that "The screenshot is only an example of what can be done with this mod." in the new description for the latest version. This was done purposely to make it crystal clear for some people that don't seem be be able to comprehend the relationship between a description and a screenshot.

Now I believe in my sole and honest opinion that you are NOT ENTITLED to a refund of any sort as you were provided with the product you purchased that does exactly what it says in the description.

I have offered you help to edit the values in your template, and you refused it.

Unfortunately I guess that there are times when a seller cannot satisfy a buyer no matter what they try to do to help the buyer.

So on that note, out of good will from TsHosting, I will give you a full refund.

Please Note: You are required to remove the mod from your server and destroy any copies that you may have made. You are also required not to disclose the contents of the mod in full or part thereof to anyone in any way, shape, or form.

So on that note, out of good will from TsHosting, I will give you a full refund.

And that resolves this, so we will close it. I will only add that this is a generous offer, in light of it stating specifically that there are no refunds. Let's allow this to end here.