New Enom Name Spinner

Perhaps I'm just a dummy, but after days and hours I could not find some of the tpl files that needed to be edited. So after my findings and with everything working just awesome I decided to modify the instructions a little...

--------------------

Install Instructions

--------------------

1. Place the namespinner.tpl file in your /whmcs/templates/ "Not in the template you are using"

2. Change $maxspins variable to adjust number of suggested names

3. Change $showdotcom, $showdotnet, $showdotcc, $showdottv, $sensitivecontent to your liking

4. You can setup multiple sorts using the $sort1, $sort2, $sort1order, $sort2order variables.

4B. In the templates/orderforms/ "Template you are using for your ordering"

5. In adddomain.tpl add the line: {include file="namespinner.tpl"} directly before the last </form> tag

6. In configureproductdomain.tpl add the line: {include file="namespinner.tpl"} directly before the last </form> tag

7. In the domainchecker.tpl add the line: {include file="namespinner.tpl} directly before the last </form> tag

8. Block tpl access from the web (http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=18709)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...

it probably will work if you use an absolute path instead, like:

{include file="/WHMCS_DIRECTORY/templates/{$template}/namespinner.tpl"}

but I know the above does not work since you can't include the {$template} in another Smarty-tag, so if you just know how to get another smarty-tag within a first, you should be set.

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to try all ways out myself right now.

Im sure it doesnt need the smart tags around the variable, it should work without it

something like...

{include file="/WHMCS_DIRECTORY/templates/$template/namespinner.tpl"}

If it doesn't you may need to add some full stops before and after the variable like this.....

{include file="/WHMCS_DIRECTORY/templates/.$template./namespinner.tpl"}

Cant remember fully, and not in a position to test it for you atm..... I'll have a look later once Im back in the office.

If you decided to stick the namespinner.tpl into your custom template folder it should work like this:

{include file="customtemplatefolder/namespinner.tpl}

Replace customtemplatefolder with the name of your custom template folder.

By default Smarty will try to include things relative to the general template directory which is /whmcs/templates/

• 1 month later...

DataViking, I am looking at your website and your screenshot and I don't see any errors that would help me figure out what's going on.

It seems that you're using domainchecker.php, which I can verify as working on my WHMCS. Have you tried enabling debug mode in the script? This can give you some extra information such as communication error with the enom API.

Hi,

I have PHP Version 5.2.6-1+lenny6 and WHMCS 4.1.2. In addiion, I also have jwhmcs integration with Joomla.

Instead regular default folder "portal" under templates directory, I need to change to jwhmcs-portal.

I followed the instruction for enom spinner 1.5 and still can't get it to work.

Can you advise where I should check?

Thanks!

Charles

Using Version: 4.2.1...

Installed it out of the box and it worked (well kinda)

Works and displays perfectly well in cart

But domainchecker (Simple Domain Search) is messed up...See https://www.duplika.com/clientes/domainchecker.php for an example...enter in a domain name and tick one of the tlds....the namespinner stuff is really messed up visually.

I found out why. All the code in namespinner.tpl for domainchecker uses entirely different css than for cart. I copied the cart part over domainchecker part and I now get a visually pleasing result. See http://www.a2z-4u.com/domainchecker.php for an example..

But for domainchecker (Bulk Domain Search) where you enter many domains it just won't work...Not sure if it ever will..I can't be bothered....

Getting same missing header, footer, stylesheet and namespinner not there like solkron. If i cahnge path to full as above the at least the domainchecker page appears but no results. Debug does not even work.

Im using latest 4.2 which above states is working...any chance you can share how you got yours working...this would be an excellent addin if i could get it to work :(

anyone able to get this working? I tried this on our dev and production installation of the WHMCS and can't get it load. I am following the installation instruction after downloaded the zip file. We have a custom template billingv4 which I tried changing the path as {include file="billingv4/namespinner.tpl} for the adddomain.tpl and configureproductdomain.tpl which still the same.

To confirm again, both the .tpl should be the file in the templates/orderforms/web20cart and for domainchecker.tpl it will be under billingv4 template directory?

Yep, used to work, not any more. Getting same missing header, footer, stylesheet and namespinner not there like everyone else.

Guys I'm seeing the same behavior. I turned on php display_errors and I'm getting this error:

No database selected

Looks as though in my setup the mysql_connect is not getting called. Same case for me... worked a bit ago and today just stopped. I'm sure something changed, but I'm just not sure what. The rest of WHMCS works fine, however. Just a problem with trying to use mysql select statements within templates.

-Eric

I found the issue with my problem and a solution. For anyone having the same issues, what I saw was that a hook that I had setup was using mysql calls. This overrides any connections that this mod makes. In order to to fix my problem, I had to specify the database connection in the namespinner.tpl file. This is what I used...

Just before the first mysql_query call, add these two lines:

include(ROOTDIR."/configuration.php");

$whmcsmysql = @mysql_connect($db_host,$db_username,$db_password);

Just after the last mysql call, add this:

@mysql_close(@whmcsmysql);

Hopefully this helps someone else.

-Eric

Hi,

please provide more understandable instructions for version 1.5.

Where do we place namespinner.tpl exactly?

in /whmcs/templates/ or /whmcs/templates/default??

1. Place the namespinner.tpl file in your /whmcs/templates directory.

2. Change $maxspins variable to adjust number of suggested names

3. Change $showdotcom, $showdotnet, $showdotcc, $showdottv, $sensitivecontent to your liking

4. You can setup multiple sorts using the $sort1, $sort2, $sort1order, $sort2order variables.

5. In adddomain.tpl add the line: {include file="namespinner.tpl"} directly before the last </form> tag

6. In configureproductdomain.tpl add the line: {include file="namespinner.tpl"} directly before the last </form> tag

7. In the domainchecker.tpl add the line: {include file="namespinner.tpl} directly before the last </form> tag

8. Block tpl access from the web (http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=18709)

Kindest Regards

Craig Edmonds

• 2 weeks later...
I found the issue with my problem and a solution. For anyone having the same issues, what I saw was that a hook that I had setup was using mysql calls. This overrides any connections that this mod makes. In order to to fix my problem, I had to specify the database connection in the namespinner.tpl file. This is what I used...

Just before the first mysql_query call, add these two lines:

Just after the last mysql call, add this:

Hopefully this helps someone else.

-Eric

I am very bad at PHP. will you please paste whole new updated namespinner.tpl with addition to your "mysql_query call".

Thanks in advance.