Import Problems - CE 3.0.2 > WHMCS 3.8.1

Hi Everyone,

We have just purchased WHMCS after deciding to make the move away from ClientExec.

As the title says, we currently use CE 3.0.2 and have now just installed and configured WHMCS 3.8.1.

I have just run the CE Import Script and while it appeared to have worked successfully, on further inspection there are quite a few problems as follows:

1. All cancelled packages/services in CE have been imported as Pending in WHMCS

2. The number of active clients in WHMCS does not equal the number that is in CE. In fact, there are quite a few missing.

3. WHMCS seems to have imported staff and admin users as Clients - this makes the problem in 2 above even worse because it is out of sync further.

4. Almost Every client has been imported into WHMCS with payment type listed as Paypal. In CE we literally had only one client on paypal. (note - yes we do have credit card and bank transfer activated in WHMCS)

5. WHMCS did not import ANY credit card details. Every client in CE that was paying via credit card is now listed as paying via paypal (as stated in 4 above), and shows no CC details at all?

6. For any packages/services in CE that did not have a domain name attached to it, WHMCS has create a domain account still - only recorded as blank. So we now have a lot of clients with multiple BLANK domains.

7. A large chunk of invoices have been imported fine, except showing the Invoice Date as 00/00/0000. This is not all invoices some. Due Date seems to be fine.

8. This is not so much an import problem, but when trying to view a Credit Card, we need to put in a CC Encryption Hash. In CE we just put in a passphrase that we chose ourselves. CE was much easier to view CC details. How do we do that in WHMCS?

Well, that's about all I have noticed on first inspection - there may be more.

Is there an updated CE Import Script that fixes the above problems?

Is there a way we can fix this without doing it all manually which will take weeks??

Look forward to your suggestions, advice and feedback.

Cheers

MonkeyMagic

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

The importer script is designed for the latest version of CE so by using an older version that might be causing some of these unexpected results.

Re point 3, CE stores admins and clients together in the clients table so not sure we can do anything about that. The admins just need deleting once imported.

With 5, as CE (& most other systems) store card numbers encrypted and that encryption is different to how WHMCS encrypts them, it's not possible to import them without first knowing how that encryption is done. If you know how to get the cards exported in plain text then we could write an addon script to import from that.

If you open a ticket we'll try and assist with any specifics.

Matt

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply.

The importer script is designed for the latest version of CE so by using an older version that might be causing some of these unexpected results.

Ok, are you referring to the version of CE we have?

Are you suggesting we update CE first, THEN try the import script?

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply.

Ok, are you referring to the version of CE we have?

Are you suggesting we update CE first, THEN try the import script?

I would assume he is, as that is a quite ancient version of CE and they have been known to completely change their database structure from release to release. By having the latest, you ensure you have the version supported by the WHMCS import script and hopefully have less problems with that.

Ok, I just updated our CE version 3.0.2 to the latest version 3.1.4.

I then tried to the CEimport script again - as per instructions I updated CE first.

Result: WORSE THAN BEFORE.

First thing I noticed is that the Unpaid invoices and OVerdue Invoices shows EVERY invoice in CE.

In our CE system, right now there are 78 invoices outstanding. WHMCS is showing 6260 outstanding invoices.

Before I upgraded CE, this was one of the things that actually DID WORK! - so now this part is not working either.

From what I can see, every other problems I listed before is still a problem, plus now we have this new one which is even worse.

I wish I didn't just waste so much time upgrading CE for no benefit.

Guys, HELP - what can we do?

Ok, I just did a complete uninstall of WHMCS, did a full new install, configured a payment gateway, then ran the ceimport script again.

Same result.

I have to fix this importing because I can not go through 6000+ invoices to record them as paid - imagine the time it would take, not to mention how badly it will through out the reporting ... and the 6000 emails the system will send out saying the inovice from 2 years ago is paid :(

HELP!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to report back to you all on this problem.

After contacting Support, and conversing with Matt, Matt was able to create a newly updated CE Import Script after logging into our CE database.

I have now tested the new CE Import Script and it worked perfectly. Every problem that I noted in this thread has been fixed.

I am, needless to say, very happy with the support thus far from WHMCS, and now look forward to moving over from CE to WHMCS.

Thanks Matt and Team.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...