Cacti Integration for WHMCS

Thats what i told them also....

You can sell it to everybody for €100, and make a huge profit. Or sell it for €750, and hope someone will buy it (wish clearly nobody does).

I you guys lower your price a bit, i would love to take a new look on it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this PM from the OP:

It's really worth it, It's not just an addon, It's like 10 addon's

Well it may be the best addon in the world and I do respect your work and effort however maybe if you took a business approach to this instead of charging everyone a massive fee would work better for you. I think you will get maybe 1 or two customers.

In my opinion and by the looks of it many others, 750 Euros will not sell, especially in this current climate. Try putting your business hat on instead of your opinion one :)

Goodluck

sorry but no way I am paying $965.065 USD for a Mod that cost 3x more than the actual WHMCS it works on. I understand you spent 'millions of hours' but so has Matt on WHMCS.

Good luck on your first sale. When you wish to sale for $75 US contact me and we can talk.

I agree. Sorry mate, i agree its a good bit of work, but you will be better off selling to a few at a cheaper rate than 1 or 2 at 650 Euros.

You can make the money back on support or upgrades.

I will pay 100 euros now for it. Thats at least 5 people willing to pay which will get you almost as much as 1 customer.

Edited by rslyon

vApOrWaRe ... it's php man...!!! people are now raving for RoR and well cPanel api.. x theme... (there's a bunch of cpanel classes out there that can do allmost everything) i agree.. maybe some functions in the api are left out, but, come on.. are you on pills?

V A P O R W A R E !!!

A 100 euros is really not realistic, I don't mind not to sell it.

Make an offer....

You do realize that the program you are "selling" is an integration for a Open Source free program? Also, are the charts and pretty much everything on it "from" that free program, or did you code ALL of them charts, and everything else. ?

Hi all,

Thanks for positive criticism..... hmm

You guy do not realize that the system consists of 10 admin addons and 4 client area pages and in total about 25 php pages.

Currently I am working on VPS intergration, including bandwidth monitoring, based on packed interpreting.

I will consider selling it encoded.

Even if I encoded it, 100 euros would not do the trick for me.

Justin

Well if your not willing to sell @ 100 Euros then I think maybe this should be left open for another developer to see if they wish to do a similar sort of module.

Personally as its only a Addon to WHMCS I would only pay a max of around 70 Euros.

Reason being as Victor said, most is open source anyway and I'm not sure this guy is actually allowed to encode it as its classed as freeware, its illegal to sell 'free' source codes on FYI. I wouldn't pay anymore because purely and simpley its a Addon, if it was software that was seperate and worked alongside WHMCS but didn't relly on it then I would be more than willing to pay around 150 - 200 Euros.

Its a nice mod Justinsigner and all credit to you for your effort and ideas but unfortunately we will be backing away from this deal to avoid legal problems that may arise from a worldwide ammount of sources, I don't think I need the hassle of people chasing me up telling me software i have purchased needs to be destroyed as it was released as 'free code'. I think if you purchase this and it is using Open Source coding then you are a fool to your own demise unfortunately.

Goodluck to the OP and also all those involved, just thought I would point out some possible problems you may come accross in the future.

Regards

Andrew.

It's just a addon for WHMCS and additional feature for my clients. It's not a necessity, so I wouldn't look spending ~$975 into some addon. It would be worthwhile for a large company, but I'd rather choose to provide the graphs/data in another URL - bandwidth.domain.com

My clients don't mind it and I don't have any issue either. In short, no one is going to spend that much to show the data at single place.

They have WHMCS(Paid for it - $325)

They have Cacti(Free)

You're charging €750 just to link between the two? If you have developed either Cacti or WHMCS, I'd happily pay €1000 for it.

Still pricey...this would still be the most expensive Module Add-on for something that is Open Source. I honestly would not pay this for it when I can get someone from a Freelance site to do it for me. Sparky has designed some real nice WHMCS Mods and does not charge anywhere near what you are asking.

$258 US is too much for this app. Cacti is a nice application, but it is free and open source. It also has a community support base for problems, solutions, and expansion. However, there is no guarantee you will be here to support. You sale 30 copies at $200 each....and then leave when bugs are found.

Good luck with this application. When you come down to around $70 US then I will be interested in a purchase.

Hey guys,

he said his price, accept it or not.

When any other company release a product, you examin whether the product is useful to you and do a cost-benefit analysis. If all is fine you buy it, if it is too expensive you don't.

Why are nearly all of you try to push the creator on your business tips.

Or do you suggest all companies whose products you buy to lower their prices becuase they would sell more then... ?!?!

That's not serious to me.

The creator surely has his reasons to name this price. If anybody of you can program the same for a lower price, just do it and sell it.

Just my opinion.

Regards,

AxlF

Hey guys,

When any other company release a product, you examin whether the product is useful to you and do a cost-benefit analysis. If all is fine you buy it, if it is too expensive you don't.

Or do you suggest all companies whose products you buy to lower their prices becuase they would sell more then... ?!?!

The creator surely has his reasons to name this price. If anybody of you can program the same for a lower price, just do it and sell it.

Just my opinion.

Regards,

AxlF

Reason is he asked if anyone would be willing to purchase it, and we are also giving our opinion on the price. If you ask for the possibility of a sale then be prepared to take advice such as this. He can take it or not.....

Just my opinion

Reason is he asked if anyone would be willing to purchase it, and we are also giving our opinion on the price. If you ask for the possibility of a sale then be prepared to take advice such as this. He can take it or not.....

Just my opinion

It wasn't especially you. You said your limit and fine. But I'm driving at the others who want to tell him what would be the best price for the addon. It's his business, he decide what prices to charge.

Does anyone realize that the only other billing application that does bandwidth billing and overages based on 95th percentile is Ubersmith DE, which costs nearly 3 times as much as he is asking and even more in monthly costs?

All things considered, I think his price is not all that unreasonable. For larger colo / dedicated providers the overages it catches may make up for the cost within a couple months. For smaller colo and dedicated providers (like myself) I feel $150 USD for an encoded version, granted it is kept up to date, is VERY reasonable.

I would be interested in spending $150 USD for this if it can auto-calculate overages based on a commit amount and overage rate and overage granularity (rounded mbit or tenths of mbit, gigabyte transfer, etc).

Just my 2 cents. I work with both WHMCS and Ubersmith DE for a larger company. 6 months ago, Ubersmith DE was the ONLY hosting oriented billing application that could do automatic bandwidth billing and overages. It costs a pretty penny too. If WHMCS could do this, even with it an add-on, it would blow Ubersmith DE out of the water :).

All things considered, I think his price is not all that unreasonable.

So purchase it at 750 Euros?

I would be interested in spending $150 USD for this if it can auto-calculate overages based on a commit amount and overage rate and overage granularity (rounded mbit or tenths of mbit, gigabyte transfer, etc).

Woa woa woa, you just said his price was reasonable? Now your saying your only going to spend $150? :roll::lol::lol:

Hey guys,

Just my opinion.

Regards,

AxlF

Yeah, valid point, but a business that does not listen to its customers or take constructive criticism will fail. We are just showing our points on the price, we are still interested in buying or are you blind? We are all reading and posting because we are interested in this product, we just believe that 750 is too high for a addon when nothing is guaranteed. This is our feedback to the OP, not slating him for his work/time, just showing that compared to other coders and addons maybe this guy should revise his pricing.

So before you go around making assumptions that we are all horrible people who are not reasonable, maybe you should re-think, we are contributing our thoughts and feedback to the OP, it just so happens that the feedback on this product so far is the price. :roll: