cPanelTools - Virtual cPanel for WHMCS

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sparky,

I just tried Beta3 and get "cPanelTools Error: No cPanel Hosting. Sorry, You don't appear to have an Active cPanel hosting account" on the customer side.

1 server set as cPanel.

Hosting products are cPanel.

Any clues?

Thanks

"ACTIVE" is the key word there.

1) check to make sure that the server is active.

2) check that the account is actually created on the server.

3) check that the users account is also active.

It should be 1 of the 3 posibilities.

EDIT: It also checks the domain status that it is active on the user account.

Edited by sparky

"ACTIVE" is the key word there.

1) check to make sure that the server is active.

2) check that the account is actually created on the server.

3) check that the users account is also active.

It should be 1 of the 3 posibilities.

EDIT: It also checks the domain status that it is active on the user account.

:idea:

I was just about to explain ...yes, active, checked that, etc. when I realized I am still running 3.6.0! Like Bear, I need to keep up with upgrades! (I tend to stick with what works)

Think it's possible that is where my problem lies?

I upgraded to 3.8.1 and now it finds the customers' cPanel accounts!!

It does not, however, find the email accounts or stats.

The next version actually shows the error that you would be recieving and also checks that if the hostname field is blank it then uses the IP

In your WHMCS admin => config => Servers fill in the hostname field.

Sparky this is one of the best additions I have seen yet, but I am sure you will understand the next request.

What is it going to cost to have your branding removed?

I think pointing our clients to your website would be rather tasteless, there is enough competition out there already and with a link to your site would be like us endorsing your services. A conflict of interests.

Sparky this is one of the best additions I have seen yet, but I am sure you will understand the next request.

What is it going to cost to have your branding removed?

I think pointing our clients to your website would be rather tasteless, there is enough competition out there already and with a link to your site would be like us endorsing your services. A conflict of interests.

Thanks for the complement.

Yes I do know that and the branding is only there while in beta testing. Once it gets officially released there will be no branding at all because of that exact reason.

OK found two things.

On the help page the formatting is not correct. On the left side of the page there is a line that stops where the "warning" is shown in red.

I have RVskin installed and this addition is over riding some of the settings.

I have the kernel ticked not to show but when the user goes to the advanced server information it shows the kernel.

OK found two things.

On the help page the formatting is not correct. On the left side of the page there is a line that stops where the "warning" is shown in red.

I have RVskin installed and this addition is over riding some of the settings.

I have the kernel ticked not to show but when the user goes to the advanced server information it shows the kernel.

That would be a RVSKIN setting that simply doesnt output the Kernel version. The API will return the kernel version regardless of what settings are setup in any control panel skins.

Yes I know, but it would be good if it didn't over ride those settings although it might be impossible at the same time we will never know unless we let sparky know.

He may be able to add in something to check for other installations and then adhere to those settings.

Then again maybe not

Yes I know, but it would be good if it didn't over ride those settings although it might be impossible at the same time we will never know unless we let sparky know.

He may be able to add in something to check for other installations and then adhere to those settings.

Then again maybe not

Those settings are based in the skin though, ie on the frontend side they are set to show or not. The backend API has nothing to do with the frontend skin settings. He could limit what the API settings show. I know on my modified X3 Skin I have changed it to show OS : CentOS and no kernel version information. You could easily add this coding into the script, to override the kernel version that the API outputs or not display it at all.

Sparky looks to be a great addon. Sorry Im a bit late and wasnt able to see the beta version up and running. I tried installing the files but I got an error saying that the Beta version has expired. I wanted to know if you are planning on releasing a production version anytime soon? Count me in on getting it.

Hi Guys, I have been very busy lately and now have the Mrs off my back about finishing the horse float that I built for her (finally finished and registered), I can get back to this.

I have done a lot of error reporting code that most of you will not notice so you won't really see any new changes on beta 4.

Since I haven't heard anything much about any problems so far, I am assuming that no one has found any bugs.

Now that the old version has expired here is the latest beta 4 for further testing with the new error reporting etc..

To download beta 4, click the link bellow (in signature)

Hi Sparky. I've been testing this since Beta 1 and am mindful I haven't provided any constructive feedback yet. Actually, the upgrade to Beta 4 went as seamlessly as the others and I haven't experienced any problems at all. I suppose I would ideally like the cPanel and mail links to open in the same window so that users never leave my site as I'm currently using a Joomla! wrapper for integration though hope to fully integrate whmcs into Joomla! soon.

Other than that and to thank you for this (everyone likes it very much at my end) I've nothing else useful to say I'm afraid. I shall definitely be buying it when the final is released. Great work, Sir!

Hi Sparky,

It looks like a very nice and useful addon module to WHMCS. I realized that a couple of the tabs are giving me "This section is not yet configured or is still Under Construction". Is this the case or am I doing something wrong and its not bringing up the information?

Hi Sparky,

It looks like a very nice and useful addon module to WHMCS. I realized that a couple of the tabs are giving me "This section is not yet configured or is still Under Construction". Is this the case or am I doing something wrong and its not bringing up the information?

That's the case, there is still a lot of pages and functions that I have to complete.

Has anyone had an issues with SSL/HTTPS? When we call the cPanelTools.php page it reverts to http and the page/site is no longer secure.

Nobody seems to have any problems at all yet (none thats been reported anyway) apart from fitting it into their theme.

Nothing has been done yet to force https and there is nothing in the script that will revert it back to http either.

• 3 weeks later...