cPanelTools - Virtual cPanel for WHMCS

Hi

As most of you already know I have been working on this project for a while, then it was put on the back burner and now I am starting to get stuck into it to get it finished.

Its not quite ready for beta testing yet so please don't ask when or how long it will be. I will advise when as soon as possible.

I have attached a few screenshots so that you can get the general idea of what it will be like. The majority of the coding is already done but there is a lot of styling to do yet so your input on any styling or feature improvements will be greatly appreciated and duly noted for possible implementation.

I won't be able to respond to everyone's comments immediately as I want to keep my time better spent on completing this project. Sorry in advance if that may offend some.

I am in discussions with cPanel at the moment with the legality side of things to do with copyrights and trademarks. (just covering bases)

A little trivia: There are still many xml-api functions that are still undocumented and probably never will be.

cptools.jpg

cptools1.jpg

cptools2.jpg

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome work sparky and count me in for it deffo. I'd like it to be fully brandable so that it integrates with the rest of my web site. Both header and footer TPLs need to be fully editable. Mine would be blank for example so that only the actual guts of it showed up, including the cPanel links of course. Other than that consideration the layout is fine as it is.

One question: I assume that this will mean there need only be one login to access 1. the main site, 2. cPanel and 3. the Client area. Is that correct? Would the login system work with Joomla?

Best wishes mate.

Chris. :)

Edited by redrat

One question: I assume that this will mean there need only be one login to access 1. the main site, 2. cPanel and 3. the Client area. Is that correct? Would the login system work with Joomla?

Chris. :)

You must login to the clientarea to be able to access it.

Once logged in, if the client has a or multiple cpanel hosting accounts you then have access to the cPanelTools.

Once in from the dropdown on the top right whichever "Active" domain is selected the user/pass is pulled from the DB and cPanel is accessed via xml-api for each function.

No the login from joomla wont work, you must be logged into the clientarea in whmcs.

One question for me.

You have taken into account those with more than one hosting account?

This works weather or not they have the nameservers set?

Yes it will work with multiple cpanel accounts

Name servers has nothing to do with accessing the users cpanel account.

Thanks sparky. I knew that Joomla is not in the equation but didn't express myself very well at all.

The way I see it is that the only other login asides from whmcs client area is cpanel and your mod will, as you say, through logging into whmcs first, provide also the login for cpanel. If that is correct, then placing (embedding) the whmcs login code on the front page of any site, including Joomla, will make it appear to a client that there is only one login for full access and not more. Which is excellent from their point of view.

Hope that makes better sense now or am I still barking up the wrong tree?

Anyway, this is one mod that I seriously cannot wait for. I'm so glad that you just went for it in the end. :)

The way I see it is that the only other login asides from whmcs client area is cpanel and your mod will, as you say, through logging into whmcs first, provide also the login for cpanel. If that is correct, then placing (embedding) the whmcs login code on the front page of any site, including Joomla, will make it appear to a client that there is only one login for full access and not more. Which is excellent from their point of view.

The client logs into their WHMCS clientarea thereby creating a WHMCS session. Session info is not shared between joomla and whmcs but yes it should appear to the client that there is only one login as long as you don't have a joomla login for your site as well.

Once the client is logged into WHMCS any required information is retrieved from the database. Sensitive info like usernames and passwords are only retrieved when required to be used and then immediately unset as storing sensitive info like that in a variable could pose a possible security risk.

Any plans to go further than Cpanel? I use Directadmin and would not change for anything!

Cpanel is fine, but DA has so many great things going for it that it has my loyalty!

But having 50 control panels for 1 clients account confuses the hell out of most clients!

DA will work very closely with you to make this happen, they are great that way.

Paul

Hi Guys

I have been working flat out trying to get to a beta stage.

Guess what... Here it is cPanelTools.zip

To install upload cPanelTools.php to your WHMCS root and then upload the entire cPanelTools directory to your current theme directory.

You will see the directory structure in the zip file to give you the idea.

Now before too many ask, this is Beta software released for testing only.

Beta software it is constantly being updated so each beta version will have an expiry date on it.

Features working so far are

• Stats on the main page
  • Multiple cPanel Account Select
  • Advanced Stats
  • Help Page
  • Email
    • Add Account
    • Delete Account
    • Subdomain Account support
    • Modify Quota
    • Change Password
    • Configure Mail Client (Manual Details)
    • Webmail Login (Manual)
    • Password Strength
    • Generate Password
    • Columns Sort
    • Account Usage Stats
    • Create Account Lockout if reached accounts limit
    • Default Account details
    • Video Tutorial

Please test as many features on it as you can and please report any bugs that you may come across.

I have tested fairly thoroughly but there may be some little things that I may have missed.

Enjoy!

Sparky

Edited by sparky

This looks nice! If you can completely eliminate the need to access cpanel the traditional way, this would easily be worth hundreds of dollars in my view. Please charge enough so that you have plenty of incentive to keep up with future development, or at least offer a source code version at higher cost so that those of us who want some insurance against future api changes and additions can make modifications if you get tired of working on it :)

Incentive for future development is no problem, I intend to stick with this one.

I have this version installed on all of my live servers and have had no problems at all.

Hundreds of dollars... hmm Nah.. It still would have to be affordable for everyone to be able to utilise it. I have not decided on any pricing yet, I will cross that bridge when it is saleable.

Looking very good so far Sparky. (as always of course)..

The only thing I have so far, is the icons are below the page, can those be moved to be the right of the left menu?

Which icons are you talking about?

If it's on the front stats page it should look like the pic in the first post.

Could be that your theme width is set narrower than the standard "default" or "portal" and the div is wrapping under the stats table.

Can you PM me a screenshot please so that I can see what you mean.

Hi Sparky!

As usual this is great! Installed it and it looks great. I too would like to be able to modify the color in the header to reflect our site.

Something that I am missing; checking the email tab; I do not see any of the email accounts that have already been created in cPanel. Is there something that I missed?

Also, a feature that I would personally like to see; the ability to edit/create/delete email filters.

Thanks again Sparky!!

I have found a little css width problem so I added the entire display from cPanelTools inside a box with a width of 720px This can be changed in the css file for anyone that needs to change it.

The download has been updated with the small formatting change

(Download link in Signature)

Files needed to be re-uploaded are:

• templates/YOUR_THEME/cPanelTools/includes/cppagefunctions.php
  • templates/YOUR_THEME/cPanelTools/includes/cpcorefunctions.php
  • templates/YOUR_THEME/cPanelTools/includes/cPanelTools.css

[Obviously YOUR_THEME is the name of your theme]

The only thing I have so far, is the icons are below the page, can those be moved to be the right of the left menu?

I think I found why it was happening for you, Please re-download and update the above files.

I too would like to be able to modify the color in the header to reflect our site.

No problem... simple edit in the css file (3rd line from the top is for the background image(720px X 78px)

Something that I am missing; checking the email tab; I do not see any of the email accounts that have already been created in cPanel. Is there something that I missed?

Please PM me with login details so I can take a look for you.

Also, a feature that I would personally like to see; the ability to edit/create/delete email filters.

Already in the process

Hi Steve, you've got some css code that is mucking around with the format of the page compared to my other pages. Would it be possible to remove some of the css formatting that already exists by default in the templates (ie the font type & size for <p>, <h4> etc..?

Ah, you beat me too it, and moved the css outside of your original. Cheers.