Coming Soon: vBLink Pro 2.0! *Contains Images*

Work on the next release of vBLink has been underway for some time now and there are a lot more changes then we originally planned. Due to the extensive re-engineering of vBLink I have decided to cancel the release of vBLink 1.2 and release it as vBLink Pro 2.0.

Everyone who contributed towards vBLink 1.x will automatically be entitled to get 2.0 when it's finished; however we will no longer be providing access to source code with version 2.

vBLink Pro 2.0 shares virtually nothing in common with the 1.x series; adding a new XML API, new ways to link your forum accounts, but losing the complicated setup and messy config files.

Some Feature Highlights of vBLink Pro 2.0 include...

• No configuration files to edit!
  • Clients can link their existing forum accounts in the client area.
  • New client area forum registration module with AJAX username availability check.
  • New vBLink XML API for making calls into vBulletin without the need for complicated MySQL configuration.
  • vBLink API intelligent error reporting clearly indicates the source of the error (i.e. 404 not found, vBulletin Offline, Database Error, etc).
  • New Admin Module for easy configuration and management of vBLink.
  • Simplified management of system settings including automatic token generation.
  • Simplified management of vBulletin settings; no need to lookup usergroup and field ID's as they are queried using the vBLink API.
  • Full login-session sharing; when a client logs into vB, they are automatically logged into WHMCS. Then a client logs into WHMCS, they are automatically logged into vBulletin. This can be disabled on a per-client basis.

A totally redesigned new admin module.

module.jpg

Simplified management of system settings.

syssettings.jpg

New vBLink API with intelligent error reporting.

errorstatus.jpg

Simplified management of vBulletin settings.

Usergroups and custom fields are now queried through the new vBLink API!

vbsettings.jpg

New client area module allows your clients to register for the support forum in one easy step!

Ajax username lookup queries the vBLink API to check availability!

clientreg.jpg

Give your existing clients the ability to link their existing forum account to WHMCS in the client area.

clientlink.jpg

I don't have an ETA, however I anticipate a public beta sometime in the next 1-2 weeks.

Please bear with me, I am still working through the backlog of vBLink support and installation requests that built up over the holidays.

Thanks.

however we will no longer be providing access to source code with version 2.

Thats a shame, we've been considering connecting access to certain sections of our forums into WHMCS so clients gain/lose access to them based on currently active products etc, and had been tempted to buy vblink as a starting point for the codebase.

herpherp, no decision on actual price yet, but it'll be close to the current "contributor" rate.

othellotech, I don't see anything that would prevent you from using it. Just because the code is encoded, doesn't mean you can't use it. I'm taking the extra time to ensure that the API is reusable by 3rd party scripts and enhancements.

For instance.. Do you want to pull a clients' forum profile and use it inside WHMCS?

$vblink_account = vblink_fetch_client($GLOBALS['userid']);
if ($vblink_account)
{
   $response = vblink_api_exec(array('command'=>'fetch_profile','userid'=>$vblink_account['userid']));

if ($response->status=='OK')
   {
       echo $response->user->posts;
       echo vblink_ts_to_whmcs_date($response->user->lastactivity);
   }
}

I have also just finished development on a "plugin" for the WHMCS Admin/Clients Profile tab that adds a "Forum Account" box with the clients basic forum details in it, including links to their profile and "all posts" search.

adminsummary.jpg

I don't see anything that would prevent you from using it. Just because the code is encoded, doesn't mean you can't use it. I'm taking the extra time to ensure that the API

Without seeing the code I wont know what I want to crib/learn from :P

At the moment we're playing with cronjobs and mysqldb updates for the "rights controls"

- it started out as a simple "if has an active VPS, has access to the VPS forum",

which morphed into "has access to *post* in the VPS forum"

which morphed into "has an order *or* product thats a VPS can have read access, has an active product has post access

which morphed into "has certain product and no o/s invoices and no pending cancellation, has access to ..."

which morphed into ... a complex array of permissions and a rules processor based on a mapping of tblproducts to forums_products_rules :(

Without seeing the code I wont know what I want to crib/learn from :P

At the moment we're playing with cronjobs and mysqldb updates for the "rights controls"

- it started out as a simple "if has an active VPS, has access to the VPS forum",

which morphed into "has access to *post* in the VPS forum"

which morphed into "has an order *or* product thats a VPS can have read access, has an active product has post access

which morphed into "has certain product and no o/s invoices and no pending cancellation, has access to ..."

which morphed into ... a complex array of permissions and a rules processor based on a mapping of tblproducts to forums_products_rules :(

Sounds like what we had... and similar what we use for external mailing lists.

Ended up binning it for now until we have a day when we can bash it out completely.

If it's not what you'd paid for, and you can't reach them for support to fix it, you should charge back the purchase price and stop using it. If it has rendered either application unusable, reinstalling the files that were affected to their original state should fix that.

This is all very basic stuff, and while I can appreciate the fact you're inexperienced and hampered because of disabilities you say you have, that isn't any excuse for avoiding the basic step of trying to learn instead of constantly demanding aid for third party applications that aren't supported.

If your WHMCS is broken, open a ticket and someone should be able to fix it for you. If you open that ticket and demand they get that third party add on installed and working, I'd be very surprised if they did so.

I tried doing it on my own bear and it keeps on going to a blank white screen when i try to install the vblink on my whmcs program so i can stop the spam bots from registering on my board all the time

and steven is hard to get hold of because he does not have a phone number for me to call him on the phone

it keeps on going to a blank white screen when i try to install the vblink on my whmcs program

Please contact the creator of the script. Only the creator of the script can help you. There is no point asking for help for a 3rd party script from users of the WHMCS forum.