Enomssl

Gears

this is what the stock ssl configuration email looks like

Dear [CustomerName],

Thank you for your order for an SSL Certificate. Before you can use your certificate, it requires configuration which can be done at the URL below.

[sSLConfigurationLink]

Instructions are provided throughout the process but if you experience any problems or have any questions, please open a ticket for assistance.

[signature]

shouldnt these be wrapped in { }

{$ssl_configuration_link}

My "stock" email template didn't even have that. There was nothing in the template where there were supposed to be merge fields.

when we changed the stock email to use

the right configs for the name and signature

then used the variable listed above

the name works

the sig works

however the {$ssl_configuration_link} is blank

I discovered that when using enomssl in test mode, there is nothing provided for the configuration URL in the email. Not until I tried it in a real transaction did the configuration URL work.

Interesting. I don't even see {$ssl_configuration_link} in the right column under Available Merge Fields.
I also made that comment in my helpdesk ticket.

Dave G.

• 2 months later...
The welcome email contains a link, they will be taken to a configuration wizard within WHMCS that completes the verification process (for the quick and instant certificates).

Hi,

just tested enomssl and all went to my enom test account ok and I got an email saying go to the url below to configure - and there was no url ?

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

I have a quick question from the top of my mind. I am about to configure SSL certificate products in WHMCS, and was wondering why only 9 out of 15 eNom SSL certificates are available to automate eNom SSL sales in WHMCS? What about other SSL certificates? Isn't eNom provides automated sales and provisioning for the rest of SSL certificates (which for some reason are not available in enomssl module)?

Sincerely,

Serg

Hello there, again :)

Never mind about my above questions. I kept on reading threads about enomssl, and found out that in V4 other eNom SSL certificates had been added to the module.

I guess I have to get in the habit of reading the forum about the topic at hand more often, before posting quick questions.

Wow, I am enlightened :) It actually takes less time to find answers by reading the forum compared to posting questions and waiting for answer.

Great luck to all!

Serg

Edited by HostBizLng

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again :),

I know you guys already talked about automation settings, but I still have questions. I personally would love to automate the order process for certain types of certs, but want to leave other certs to manually accept the orders before it processed to enom.

So, if I tick an option to "Automatically setup the product when you manually accept a pending order" means the order of cert will be processed to eNom only after I manually accept a pending order?

The reason I ask, is because I want to be in control of my eNom account balance, to make sure I have enough of funds for certain amount of orders I am currently processing, and some certs are expensive. As a start up I don't think I would be able to deposit large amount into eNom account to cover big order volume. Yet I still would love to offer to my clients a big range of SSL products to choose from.

I also considered an option to "Do not automatically setup this product" and process orders manually for now, but if option to "Automatically setup the product when you manually accept a pending order" would work well with my preferences to be in control of my eNom account balance, then it's great.

Sincerely,

Serg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

It's seems been discussed to some extent, but I still don't understand why some of us configure 'enomssl' products to be billed on recurring bases. What is the reason for that if there's no way for customers to renew their existing certificates? As far as I know, you can purchase new one through eNom, once the old expires, and go through provisioning and installation process once again. Thus, is feasible to treat it as new 'one-time' purchase, since there's no way to renew an existing certificate through eNom? Or there is a way to renew an existing certificate?

Just wondering. It just doesn't makes sense to bill customer on recurring bases, when new certificate have to be issued and installed as if it is a new purchase (which it actually is.) I understand that it is possible to reissue and install new cert without letting customer to realize that new purchase had taken place and newly purchased cert had been installed, if customer uses cert on one of my servers. But what if customer purchased cert to use on some other server to which I have no access? So then customer have to be informed that he have to go through issuance and installation again, even though he/she is billed on recurring bases? Just doesn't makes sense.

So, what are the reasons to bill customers for SSL certificates on resurring bases?

Sincerely,

Serg

Edited by HostBizLng

chickendippers,

Ok, still do not see a reason to do so. Why not just inform customer 'well' from the beginning about SSL certificate issuance process and need for re-issuance and re-installation after cert would expire, and use information to promote or push longer certificate length periods.

Yes, customers want their SSL certs to continue indefinitely, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be honest with them. And isn't it better to offer one-time purchase of certs, and offer available lengths of registrations. 1-2years, 1-5 years, and in some cases 1-10 years, this way those customers that want cert for a long time, don't have to reinstall their cert every year, but will have chance to buy cert for longer period of time, and would have to reinstall their cert once in 2, 5, or 10 years - it's much better than just offer annual payments, (when there shouldn't be annual payments,) and because of this annual bases payment option, customer have to go through re-issuance and re-installation process every single year, because they had no other option offered from the beginning of purchase.

Sincerely,

Serg

Edited by HostBizLng

• 1 month later...

Hi. I am trying to activate my SSL options by following this link http://wiki.whmcs.com/Enom_SSL_Certificates and reading this thread.

However, when doing some random live orders. I did not received any email about "SSL Certificate Configuration Required".

I have setup:

Setup > Products and Services > Product Name > Module Settings to:

1. Module name: EnomSSL

2. Automatically setup the product as soon as an order is placed

3. Entered my username and password to enom

4. Test mode is checked

Any ideas why? Btw, I am using v4