Enomssl

Gears

On the Module Settings tab of an Enom SSL Product/Service, do you guys have one of the "Automatically create the account as soon as an order is placed" ticked? Or have you left it at "Do not automatically setup this account"? I would assume it is left as is because it's not a hosting account, but then again, it is something that could be automated.

As above but it's worth considering not automating this at all due to fraud considerations. Receipt of payment does not prevent chargebacks and they are increasingly a problem. Unless you need automation due to volume/resources why not stick at manual processing giving you time enough to exercise some diligence in the screening process.

In an ideal world, I'd like to be able to switch automation on or off per individual client. New clients all need to be thoroughly screened as far as I am concerned whereas 'known' clients is an entirely different matter.

There is also the relative complexity for some clients in dealing with setting up their SSL themselves to consider. I'd be interested to hear what kind of support issues arise for others who do use automation but would imagine it is quite high? Another reason, perhaps, not to automate? Just my eggs. But also kind of questions, too.

You may have gathered that I have not yet set this up for myself but I am in two minds as whether to or not. Some feedback would be great.:)

Edited by redrat

Yes, and choose the radio option "Customers will be billed regularly for this item". You may also want to consider adding Biennial pricing.

Yep I have that, but if you go to the shopping cart and want to order this product it lists the price as $3/month. I only have the annual pricing setup. Maybe there is an option in the template files??

Yep I have that, but if you go to the shopping cart and want to order this product it lists the price as $3/month. I only have the annual pricing setup. Maybe there is an option in the template files??

Is that $3/mo for the SSL? If you have "0.00" in the monthly spot, then it should be disabled. Can you provide a link to see this?

Have you done editing in the template file? Your 12 month price should be about 12 times more than your 1 month price. But you have it the opposite. Your web hosting price is:

Monthly - 19.95

Semi Annually - 17.96

Annually - 15.96

Why would I ever pick 1 month for 19.95 when I can get 12 months for 15.96 :)

I'm sure you mean that each month is 15.96 when someone pays annually, but I don't think WHMCS is setup that way. For example, say our monthly price is $1. Then our annual price would be $12.

Did you edit the template file(s)?

As above but it's worth considering not automating this at all due to fraud considerations. Receipt of payment does not prevent chargebacks and they are increasingly a problem. Unless you need automation due to volume/resources why not stick at manual processing giving you time enough to exercise some diligence in the screening process.

Since implementing Varilogix Fraudcall we have had 0 fraud orders. Admittedly there are occasional false positives, but the benefits far outweigh the little extra time it takes a few customers to get signed up.

That is encouraging, chickendippers, and, coming from you, as I know that you are especially well versed and 'on-the-ball', it is a validation that I am prepared to trust and take seriously. It is good to know that, providing good fraud prevention measures are in place, automation can work very well.

• 2 weeks later...

We are wanting to start offering Enom SSL certificates as well.

After we have added the product and setup the module settings. Do we put in our Username and Password to our Enom account? (imagine so). Then once the client pays for it, what exactly do they get? What are the procedures that are taken after the client buys the SSL. WHat does WHMCS send them, and what does Enom send them? Do they receive instructions in setting up their certificates?

We use "Automatically create the account as soon as an order is placed" because we want full automation.

Exactly what does WHMCS do by setting "automatically create the account" after an ENOM SSL order is placed? To me this would only apply to hosting accounts. If you are talking about the client area account in WHMCS, that gets created before payment is made.

• 2 weeks later...
We are wanting to start offering Enom SSL certificates as well.

After we have added the product and setup the module settings. Do we put in our Username and Password to our Enom account? (imagine so). Then once the client pays for it, what exactly do they get? What are the procedures that are taken after the client buys the SSL. WHat does WHMCS send them, and what does Enom send them? Do they receive instructions in setting up their certificates?

Exactly what does WHMCS do by setting "automatically create the account" after an ENOM SSL order is placed? To me this would only apply to hosting accounts. If you are talking about the client area account in WHMCS, that gets created before payment is made.

Good questions... does anyone know these details?

• 2 months later...

Yeah, when I reported that my ssl config email template did not contain any merge fields, I was told I probably deleted them accidentally. When I reported the demo itself didn't contain the merge fields either it was blamed on the fact that anyone can go in and modify the template. I was finally given the information on the missing field.

It is {$ssl_configuration_link}.

Maybe now, they will consider the possibility that a new install of WHMCS in fact has a bug in that this email template is messed up.

Enjoy,

Dave G.