Is This How You Treat Your Paid Clients?

DeiseHost

I paid the renewal fees over an hour ago, after an email discussion with one of the Customer "Support" people about money.

Before payment was made, he, Joe, was very quick to respond to my emails.

I have paid and I am still unable to login to my admin area. Now that the money has been sent to you, none of my tickets or emails are being replied to and that ridiculous message is still there not allowing me to look after my clients.

What is it? You looking for more money or something?

From what I can tell, there's only three plausible options here. Either your payment has been put on hold for reasons such as fraud. You're not using the correct login, check your emails, something might have changed. And lastly, you might have to reissue your license (https://www.whmcs.com/clients/viewlicenses.php).

WHMCS has an excellent reputation, and threatening to contact your "legal team" won't do you much good.

I have tried all of those options. I have been with WHMCS with a few years now and never had this issue.

Maybe my Legal Team might place WHMCS into a position where they might think more about clients and not the money.

I got very quick responses up until I made payment today. Once that was done I heard no more.

• WHMCS CEO

Owned license support & update renewals are handled manually.

However, as your support & updates had expired prior to today, our client area would not have allowed you to download WHMCS V3.7. So the question is, how did you obtain your copy of 3.7?

The download block is there exactly to prevent users from being able to upgrade when they won't be able to use it. Somehow you've got around that block (illegally) and that is what has created an issue for you.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

I'm sorry you've not been happy with the service you've received on this occasion. The prices are clearly visible when you signup and you don't have to renew your owned license if you're happy with the version you're currently running.

You have admitted to having downloaded the software from outside our client area and therefore this whole issue could have been avoided by doing things in the correct way. The best advice I can give would be for users to not try to avoid the restrictions on downloads if they haven't yet renewed.

However as you are now up and running again and the whole matter has been resolved in under 9 hours I don't feel we could have done anything any differently.

Matt

Plus, I don't see why you are charging so much for upgrades. It is hardly worth that.

You're complaining about the $45 owned license renewal fee??

I've contacted Matt and Joe at all times during day or night and they've been fine, I don't see anywhere where they advertise 24/7 support so I don't expect a reply in minutes but they usually reply within an hour or so.

@ Matt: It was way more than 9 hours mate.

@ Daniel, It is actually over $50 including VAT. Do the math.

Plus I wasn't complaining about the Fee, I was complaining about the level of Support, if that's what you call it.

No they don't advertise 24/7 Support and no they don't answer within minutes either. In fact, they answer within 12 hours and when your clients are relying on your support and you can't provide it, that's a hell of a long time.

I paid the renewal fees over an hour ago,

Yesterday, 10:39 PM (EST), meaning you paid about 9:39 PM, or perhaps 9?

Closely coming to 8 hours.

2:34 AM (EST) (5 hours, not 8 )

Finally Results.

4:55 AM EST (7-1/2 hours)

@ Matt: It was way more than 9 hours mate.

Seems you math is a bit off here.

@DeiseHost: Matt and his support team are actually amongst the best you'll find anywhere. I usually get responses in well under 1 hour, often virtually instantly; at least within minutes anyway. Responses to issues are rightly prioritised generally according to their nature and level of urgency indicated which is industry-wide practice and sensible. I am sure you will agree. Non-urgent issues may well take as long as 12 hours and that would be acceptable were it the case, which is not even true about WHMCS support. In fact, even non-urgent issues are answered in a very timely manner, within an hour or two in my experience.

You should also consider extending your vision of the word, 'Team', to include your suppliers and everyone else whom you deal with if you think it sensible to have as many of them 'on-side' as possible or expect anarchy. If you value your customers then look after the 'Team' who makes it possible for you to supply them and unite them, motivate them, appreciate them accordingly. That is simply good business sense anyway.

That said, you should also consider making a public apology to Matt and his 'Team', especially since, as Matt has already pointed out, you illegally circumvated the security system in place in downloading your software and, in doing so, actually created the problem you experienced yourself. On that issue you are 'bang to rights' and have even admitted such.

@ Daniel, It is actually over $50 including VAT. Do the math.

And? Its well worth more than that.

Besides, i've never had a ticket wait any longer than a couple of hours. If your support desk was down for whatever reason then i'm sure you could have paid for a monthly license which would have been issued immediately.

I believe it was mentioned before that if anyone needed to do this as a temporary measure, the monthly license would be refunded.

@DeiseHost: Sounds like you brought it all on yourself. I renew my license well before the expiration date as I don't want to be put in a situation like you put yourself in.

Also, if I have a paid client act like this, they get the boot. I don't want clients who bluff legal action 12 hours after something happens, just shows what sort of people they are. Also, another big thing would be the violation of the license agreement. Seems if anyone would be consulting their team of lawyers, it would be WHMCS. I don't want clients who are trying to get my products/services for free and then when something happens, decides to pay. Shows sort of a pattern here and I would suspect they would try to do the same in the future.

If you do a software search for any software on the internet, there's a good chance you'll find it. That's a really poor excuse you used when you knew fully well that you weren't entitled to it.

If I were Matt, I'd refund your money and tell you to use the previous version that you were entitled to and cut off the relationship. That would be a nicer thing he could do.