• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I can't seem to get this working.

If I create a user in WHMCS, it isn't synced. If I create a new account on vB, it isn't synced.

I created each account manually, deleted the account in WHMCS and it didn't delete from vB.

Any ideas? I've triple checked the paths in the files and am sure its correct. The only part that I didn't run of the installation was the Sync - is this required? I did run the installer part of the WHMCS addon.

RC2 is out with a couple minor fixes on the vB->WHMCS side of the bridge as well as updated instructions on adding the username field to specific templates if you choose to allow your clients to pick their own username.

The download link is the same.

rmccny, did RC2 get pulled? I just downloaded the version from your download section and it has RC1 marked all over it.

-Eric

I can't seem to get this working.

If I create a user in WHMCS, it isn't synced. If I create a new account on vB, it isn't synced.

I created each account manually, deleted the account in WHMCS and it didn't delete from vB.

Any ideas? I've triple checked the paths in the files and am sure its correct. The only part that I didn't run of the installation was the Sync - is this required? I did run the installer part of the WHMCS addon.

I'm having a similar problem. I just downloaded and installed it today. The one difference is when I attempt to do a sync, I get:

Checking John Smith: Creating Account... System Error: ERROR: General Error

Has anyone see this before and know how to fix it?

-Eric

Dan & Eric I have replied to both of your tickets.

For the benefit of others, possible causes for Eric's problem could either be a mismatch of the $token_key or $referer variable between both of the config.inc.php files.

For Dan, I may need more information, but I am wondering if the extra column was actually added to the vBulletin user table.

Snowman, a blank page usually indicates some kind of script error, can you double-check the config files and make sure there are no errors in them. Open up a ticket with me and post them if you need more help.

FYI.. RC2 is actually the current release, it's just that I forgot to update the header in Ioncube.

RC3 will be out in a couple days, but since my site is now so heavily modified I need to put together a clean development site for final testing.

An alert for vBLink users; the upgrade to 3.7.1 introduced a change in the password encryption routines that has temporarily broken vBLink. I am currently working with Matt to find a resolution.

I would prefer not to use the built-in API due to the overhead that would be required; a minimum of 3 cUrl calls would be required for each transaction in the system which in my testing seriously impacted performance.

I'll post an update soon.

I'm having a similar problem. I just downloaded and installed it today. The one difference is when I attempt to do a sync, I get:

Checking John Smith: Creating Account... System Error: ERROR: General Error

Has anyone see this before and know how to fix it?

-Eric

Have you managed to get the new one to work Eric? I've downloaded and installed and can't figure out why it still isn't working.

Have you managed to get the new one to work Eric? I've downloaded and installed and can't figure out why it still isn't working.

Actually I did. With the newest version, I was still having the problem so I asked the boardoo.com guys for some more help. They provided me with a version with more verbose errors. With that in place, the error I got indicated a problem with my referring host (WHMCS) not being on my vBulletin whitelist.

As it turns out, vBulletin has whitelist feature to prevent abuse of the API, I guess. Once I added my hostname for my WHMCS instance, the import worked great.

Hope that helps.

-Eric

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately adding the URL to my WHMCS install didn't help :(

I'll see if I can get the version with more error reporting and see if that helps.

Otherwise, I give up :)

Daniel, I posted the link to download in your trouble ticket too.

Eric, thank you for the tip regarding the whitelist. I will be sure to add a bit about that in the documentation. I'll also find a way to incorporate the enhanced error reporting in the finished product as well.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I've posted in this thread. I just wanted to say that development is continuing on this module, albeit at a slower pace than I would have liked. The next release (v1.2) is due out in about a weeks time (give or take a few days), and includes some changes and new features.

New Features:

• vBulletin/WHMCS AutoLogin - When a client logs into WHMCS they are automatically logged into the forum, when a client logs into the forum, they're automatically logged into WHMCS. Can be disabled. (Paid)
  • vBulletin/WHMCS AutoLogOut - When a client logs out of WHMCS they are automatically logged out of the forum, when a client logs out of the forum, they're automatically logged out of WHMCS. Can be disabled. (Paid)
  • Support for additional vBulletin profile fields; i.e. timezone, usertitle, etc. (Free,Paid)

Fixes:

• Incorrect include paths in actionhooks.php when subdomains are used.
  • Additional tweaks to WHMCS 3.7.x password hashing support.
  • Omission in documentation regarding how to configure vBulletin POST whitelist.

Changes:

• Improved error reporting and response handling from vBulletin API.
  • Improved documentation.
  • Will use WHMCS licensing system.

A release will be available in a about a week pending testing.

Can I request a feature?

1 - Ability to "import" existing forum accounts

2 - Ability to restrict access to certain forums based on group (IE customer forums).

3 - When the account is set to closed it revokes the group and makes the user a "normal user" on the forums without access to the customer forums.

It would be great if new clients would get a SEPARATE email notification with their new forum account generated for them, then instructions that they can change their username/password thru WHMCS.

I'm not sure I understand completely, since the forum account password is kept in sync with the WHMCS account password. If a client changes the password in vBulletin it gets changed in WHMCS.

Can I request a feature?

1 - Ability to "import" existing forum accounts

2 - Ability to restrict access to certain forums based on group (IE customer forums).

3 - When the account is set to closed it revokes the group and makes the user a "normal user" on the forums without access to the customer forums.

1. I actually took out this feature because in some cases it would have led to hundreds of WHMCS client accounts with no products/services. I can add it back if there is enough demand.

2. That's handled by vB currently. The next release will allow you to set a default usergroup (along with other profile fields), which should accomplish some of what you're looking for.

3. That might be doable provided I can make it work with the actionhook_ClientDetailsEdit hook and whether there is sufficient suppot in the vB API.

Thanks both for the suggestions. I'm running a bit behind in my development schedule so the next release described above is a good week off yet.

Thanks.

Hi,

if your using the licensing system, will you be charging for this?

I had never seen this thread until now, and I am looking forward to 1.2 as i'll install it and use it.

The release model will be pretty much the same; there will be free (vBLink) and paid (vBLink Pro) releases. vBLink Pro will have the auto-login/out feature and will have some areas of the source code exposed for client modification.

Speaking of the next version, I have decided to postpone the next release until WHMCS 3.8 is out, which I understand won't be too too much longer. This decision will eleminate the unnecessary frequency of updates to this add-on until I can ensure stable compatibility with 3.8.