Released: vBLink vBulletin Integration 1.0 RC1

rmccny

vBLink WHMCS to vBulletin Bridge

Features:

• Automated vBulletin account creation and deletion.
  • Automatic sync of WHMCS client details to vBulletin
  • Automatic sync of vBulletin profile details to WHMCS
  • Option to allow clients to select their own forum username, or have one automatically generated based your criteria.
  • WHMCS client registration handler to intercept new registration requests and ensure availability of forum username.
  • No vBulletin code modification!
  • Fully configurable, virtually every option can be changed to meet your needs.

This is only a release candidate; it is strongly recommended that you set up a demo site, or at the very least make complete backups of your WHMCS and vBulletin installations before proceeding.

Download Link

Source code is encoded with Ioncube (just like WHMCS); a $30 contribution gives you the source to modify as you need (with the exception of one file which contain WHMCS-proprietary functions).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi. Good job. I hope it will be updated with each change in both vB and WHMCS softwares and provide vB-WHMCS admins with high quality and highly usefull software:)

Question: Should we change token_key in config files? Thanks:)

Yes, I would recommend that, and also use one with a little higher strength too. I think I may have left that suggestion out of the docs.

I have a small patch coming out tomorrow that fixes a sync glitch going from vB Admin to WHMCS. I plan on keeping this mod up to date since I will be using both WHMCS and vB for a very long time.

I'm sorry if the registration requirement is a pain, but I do want to keep track of how much popularity this module has. (Plus I'm also testing Matt's licensing module too) I'm not sure what the difficulty with logging is, I just tested the PC editions of IE, FF, Opera, & Safari with no problem.

Yes, I would recommend that, and also use one with a little higher strength too. I think I may have left that suggestion out of the docs.

I have a small patch coming out tomorrow that fixes a sync glitch going from vB Admin to WHMCS. I plan on keeping this mod up to date since I will be using both WHMCS and vB for a very long time.

I'm sorry if the registration requirement is a pain, but I do want to keep track of how much popularity this module has. (Plus I'm also testing Matt's licensing module too) I'm not sure what the difficulty with logging is, I just tested the PC editions of IE, FF, Opera, & Safari with no problem.

Thanks, rmccny. We are going to use your script in productional environment. Any info when the final version will be released. And please provide with some info about Powered by... phrase. Where is it shown, on WHMCS all pages? And have you already installed this script so we could test it (as minimum just register to WHMCS and see its communication with vB)? Any demo? Thanks for product:)

1. In clientregister.tpl code must be changed is not

<form method="post" action="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}">

It is

<form method="post" action="{$SERVER.PHP_SELF}">

2. In registration form there is no place to choose a username, though when all fields are filled, it doesn't continue registration and requires to choose a username. Screen is attached.

Register.jpg

@rcnny: My web designer is in the process of doing a new site for me right now and we're both very interested in your code. How viable is it for a production site at the moment? Are you planning on continually updating the code? If I pay the $30 you ask for am I allowed to change it and use it how I will? Or, the alternative being, if I'm given access to the source and my coder modifies and improves on the code, would you wave the fee if we sent our changes/improvements to you?

He's top notch so I have no doubts that he could take what's there and improve upon it.

RC2 is out with a couple minor fixes on the vB->WHMCS side of the bridge as well as updated instructions on adding the username field to specific templates if you choose to allow your clients to pick their own username.

The download link is the same.

1stStrike

The $30 contribution gets you the full source to modify as you like (with the exception of functions.php, which has some code that I cannot release). I certainly would be willing to work with you in exchange for some improvements by your programmer, let me know what you have in mind.

He obviously needs to look at the source first to see exactly what kind of work will be needed on it, but the basic premise of this is optimizing it, improving it (obviously as it's only an RC it has a ways to go), adding additional security, etc. This is going to be used on a live site and worked into the code so it'll not only save us a good amount of development time but allow us to simultaneously help out the community here by improving the quality of the script.

I have no qualms about releasing the modifications done to the script to you for you to distribute as you please to people whom would like to use it. This is a win/win scenario for the both of us.

• 2 weeks later...