Godaddy/Wild West Domains Module Integration

chales

I'd like a PM/email from one of the devs on this.

I have the Godaddy/Wild West Domains module mostly done. Aside from the remaining bug quashing, I have one last issue: It's a complex module to add.

You must add a custom user field, and a custom email template in order to get it to work right, and what I'd like to talk about is how to either automate that (as usual for my style, in a way that causes the least future problems) or talk about integrating this into the WHMCS code base.

It's not a trivially done module, and works under a variety of circumstances, (doesn't require the PHP WS stuff, as it can use nusoap - also uses the whois php modules to avoid command line deps) but I make no claim as to its perfection.

Please let me know what the position is of WHMCS on this, as I've seen some interest from others in this integration already, but would like to get it done in a way that causes the least headaches all around.

I would love to see a module so we can use godaddy with whmcs, its a pain in the *** not being able to use our own google reseller account with this great software. Thats the main reason why our hosting company has not started operations, I hope that with your module we can open business as soon as possible :)

• 2 weeks later...

I found it quite amusing that price dictates users choice. Anything dealing with GD seems to lead to them trying to steal your clients in the end. I noticed one hosting provider having trouble with their SSL that was from GD and after they got it going, the seal for the cert was advertising GD on every page of their own hosting site! :twisted:

• 1 month later...
I'd like a PM/email from one of the devs on this.

I have the Godaddy/Wild West Domains module mostly done. Aside from the remaining bug quashing, I have one last issue: It's a complex module to add.

You must add a custom user field, and a custom email template in order to get it to work right, and what I'd like to talk about is how to either automate that (as usual for my style, in a way that causes the least future problems) or talk about integrating this into the WHMCS code base.

It's not a trivially done module, and works under a variety of circumstances, (doesn't require the PHP WS stuff, as it can use nusoap - also uses the whois php modules to avoid command line deps) but I make no claim as to its perfection.

Please let me know what the position is of WHMCS on this, as I've seen some interest from others in this integration already, but would like to get it done in a way that causes the least headaches all around.

Any progress mate?

• 2 months later...

Does the module released or WHMCS already have this built-in? I would also like to try using GoDaddy domain reseller account in WHMCS.

You cant use the module without the api. Thus, it basically costs you $2500 (from godaddy) to use whmcs+godaddy together. So anyone that says that they would rather pay that amount of money to godaddy versus funding another provider. Well, they are nuts IMHO.

You cant use the module without the api. Thus, it basically costs you $2500 (from godaddy) to use whmcs+godaddy together. So anyone that says that they would rather pay that amount of money to godaddy versus funding another provider. Well, they are nuts IMHO.

Why is it cost $2 500 ? Godaddy cost $229 per year and WHMCS for $227.40 ($18.95*12Month).

I don't understand.

It seems pretty dumb on their part, a good way to drive away business. Currently, I have a bunch of domains still with godaddy, and every time I receive payment for renewal, that domain gets migrated away to DirectI, for the WHMCS integration.

I suppose the exorbitant fee helps offset people being able to bypass their fit-inducing menus and the several levels of checkout screens begging you to buy more.