How do I get tel support from WHMCS?

Seb-s
Go to solution Solved by Remitur,

We are using WHMCS - I have a question regarding the following point - you find it in the attachment, which i can't "insert image from URL" because it just blinks red - nice. So here is just the link.

https://ibb.co/R7xsZM7

I just wanted to know what includes "allgemeine Emails - kontenbezogene Emails" and how to check what are currently those type of "Email-Benachrichtigungen".
I am really lost regarding support from whmcs!

Honestly, we use whmcs in german - the documentation online is only in english and i can't reach somebody per phone - i have to do a weird registration dance with licences and somehow i ended up in this community. Terrible customer experience regarding support!

Best, Sebastian

• Solution

In web hosting industry, support in English and using email/ticket system is the standard.
Phone support is a mess. I don't know any serious company doing support by phone, and if it be available, I would not use it.

If you are involved in web hosting industry:

- improve your English

- learn how to manage support request in a written form

It will be a good thing both for you and for your customers.

To answer to your question: "allgemeine emails" means "All account-related emails": so any message whose template you can find in admin/configemailtemplates.php in the section "general messages".

Dear Remitur, I appreciate your response. I found the point you were referring to!

On the other side, regarding support / ticketing / mail in English. I get your point. It is not the english support in general that is my problem. I use the software in German, the Software has a german language layout - so every step I try to follow regarding any form of documentation, would need the german layout structure for me to comprehend under which option or section I find which entry. For a company that proudly operates in 200 countries and "supports over 25 different languages" - translation of documentation should be something to think about!

Since Remote Support for Enduser is a thing - Phone Support is a thing. If ticketing without phone support works for your business (web hosting), glad for you. For other business something like First Level Support, Inboud-Calls, Call-Center in general are a thing!

On 13/02/2024 at 7:17 PM, Seb-how-call-whmcs-support said:

Dear Remitur, I appreciate your response. I found the point you were referring to!

On the other side, regarding support / ticketing / mail in English. I get your point. It is not the english support in general that is my problem. I use the software in German, the Software has a german language layout - so every step I try to follow regarding any form of documentation, would need the german layout structure for me to comprehend under which option or section I find which entry. For a company that proudly operates in 200 countries and "supports over 25 different languages" - translation of documentation should be something to think about!

Since Remote Support for Enduser is a thing - Phone Support is a thing. If ticketing without phone support works for your business (web hosting), glad for you. For other business something like First Level Support, Inboud-Calls, Call-Center in general are a thing!

Tip: Use English as language in the WHMCS admin area. I would love to use my own language but it would make troubleshooting very difficult. In the WHMCS client area you can append &lang=english to any URL if you like to see the same page in English for troubleshooting purposes.

Translating documentation to 25 different languages is a big no go in my book and I'm glad they don't. You would just get some "AI" generated nonsensical content.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Seb-s,

If you purchased your license directly from us, please use this link to contact support: https://www.whmcs.com/submit-a-ticket/

If you purchased your license from an authorized reseller, please use this link to contact support (no login required) https://www.whmcs.com/submit-a-ticket-reseller/

Phone support is an extra service we can offer as part of a bespoke Enterprise Support Package tailored for you. For more information please see https://www.whmcs.com/enterprise

On 2/15/2024 at 11:20 AM, Mark said:

Tip: Use English as language in the WHMCS admin area. I would love to use my own language but it would make troubleshooting very difficult. In the WHMCS client area you can append &lang=english to any URL if you like to see the same page in English for troubleshooting purposes.

Translating documentation to 25 different languages is a big no go in my book and I'm glad they don't. You would just get some "AI" generated nonsensical content.

Dear Mark, thanks alot for the Tipp!