Owned license trade-in feedback

Evgenii

7 hours ago, Evgenii said:

Oh, I really like your message. I can tell you're the kind of professional liar who throws unsupported arguments at us, hoping no one will check.

PHP5 is still safe to use. And you're lying.

What do you mean about "us"? What's the reason why I should be a "professional liar"? I'm not lying but at no point did you mention that you were using a patched version of PHP 5. But - even though you are using a patched version of PHP 5, you still need to wait for the backport to happen.

7 hours ago, Evgenii said:

An unsubstantiated claim that you have no way of proving.

I have. There are multiple known security issues for WHMCS 5.3 and PHP 5.6. At this point in time, there is no known exploits for the latest version of WHMCS. The source code for 5.3 has been decoded and is publicly available. It has security flaws.

8 hours ago, Evgenii said:

It was released the day before yesterday. Not four years ago, and you're lying again.

Jesus Christ, dude. Could you calm the f down? That update is from 2017. By your logic, I should run around screaming "liar, liar, pants on fire" right now. Just calm down - we can have different opinions and still discuss this issue. There's no reason to start name calling.
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4024323
Here's the same link from archive.org back in 2020: https://web.archive.org/web/20200622142100/https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=55429
I have no idea why Microsoft lists it as released 2 days ago. It wasn't. It's a very old update.

Features that no one uses. Every update causes pain and a lot of bugs. No one uses the "vanilla" WHMCS, everyone modifies it to suit themselves.

Some people do. Some of the features are even being discussed here on these forums. We run a small daughter company that is 100% vanilla WHMCS, except from a custom design.

If you are so sure that what WHMCS is doing is illegal, take legal action. I'll be waiting eagerly.

This is what others in this thread (ah yes, you didn't read it, sorry) have been writing to you about.

I've literally read every single reply to this thread. I won't be feeding you anymore, though. Have fun rambling on your own.

2 hours ago, DennisHermannsen said:

I've literally read every single reply to this thread. I won't be feeding you anymore, though. Have fun rambling on your own.

There is nothing more to talk about with you. Of all the facts in your post 0 of them were true. I won't waste any more time factchecking after you, sorry.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, BigFoot said:

So essentially negating the 2 year, 25% discount they offered for the lifetime owned license trade in. ugh.

Well, not really. It has been discussed for a long time and the general consensus is that WHMCS and cPanel will keep increasing their prices every year or every other year.
When we traded our lifetime license for a monthly, we already new a price increase was happening very soon. The email mentioned no information about what the price would be - just that we would save "25% of the monthly license".
We're still saving money compared to people with a "regular" monthly license, though.

I just don't hope we're in for a 30% price increase each year. If prices keeps increasing much more, it'll soon be profitable to have a custom made solution.

15 hours ago, DennisHermannsen said:

We're still saving money compared to people with a "regular" monthly license, though.

Well, at the lowest tier the discount has you paying the old normal price plus about 25 cents. Saving money on the new price, maybe. Still more than the old one.