How to handle existing registered domains?

meeven

I have several domains registered before I started using WHMCS. I have used the WHM import utility to get the hosting accounts into WHMCS, but I can't figure out how to add domain entries in WHMCS for them.

I just want the system to handle domain renewal reminder notices etc even though it will not be directly handling the actual renewal with the registrar. Also want the respective domains to show up in the client profile for each account.

Any hints would be mighty useful and appreciated.

I'm not sure if theres an automated way of doing this - but to add them manually you can do it by doing the following:

View Clients » Click ID/Name of client (for client profile) » Domains » Place a new order.

I don't know if that's a suitable way of doing it - although someone else might be able to suggest an automated way (only been playing with WHMCS myself for a few days).

• WHMCS Developer

If you don't have an automated registrar setup, then you can add it as a new order, it won't go anywhere.

However, I have found, if you have the domains in your WHMCS installation, and they don't have an automated registrar, when the client goes to look at the domain, they get a blank page.

But, WHMCS would look at the domain and auto bill when required.

If you don't have an automated registrar setup, then you can add it as a new order, it won't go anywhere.

When placing the "order" to get the data into your system, tick the options for "do not generate invoice" and "do not tell client", at the end of the eorder process when you accept the order, untick the option "send to registrar"

Once the order is accepted click on the word "domain" and put in the right dates etc, then select the correct registrar

Once you've done a few you find that the slowest part of the process is the multiple-tld domain search :)

• WHMCS Developer

in the admin Panel do this:

-Under Orders click "Add New Order"

-Pick Client from Drop Down and tick/untick boxes as required and press continue.

-Click radio button for "Domain Registration"

-Put in domain name and tld and press continue

-Put in nameservers and select payment method

-press continue

-press continue again

-click on the link ("click here to continue")

-untick the send to registrar button/send conf email button

-accept the order

-you can then go in and do what needed in the customer's details

• 1 month later...