stripe charging full amount when credit is applied to invoice instead of the lower amount.

PixelPaul

Hello, i am using WHMCS v7.9.2 and there has been a bug in the stripe module for a few years how where it would send the wrong amount to stripe to charge the card. This is when a credit is applied to the invoice.

Example.... customer has a credit of $10, and they get a new invoice for an order of $25.
The ($10) credit will be applied to the invoice, and the remaining amount due is $15. Instead of sending $15 to stripe, to charge, it still sends $25.
This only happens with the stripe module, and no other credit card payment modules we use ( we use 3 others ).
has anyone else seen this?

That is definitely not the case. The WHMCS staff must have misunderstood you.

If WHMCS is attempting to charge the client's credit card, it will only charge the due amount - if the client has already paid 5€ of a 20€ invoice, the client is charged 15€. It has been like that ever since I can remember.

The credit needs to already be applied on the invoice, though.

8 hours ago, PixelPaul said:

what version of WHMCS are you using? and does it happen no matter when the credit is applied and invoice paid? trying to narrow down the issue.

WHMCS 8.4.x  when I give credit now i have not give credit in whmcs 8.5.x

• 3 weeks later...