Domain purchase not assigned in Plesk

FutureX

Yes I see your point.  If they are a new customer and do not purchase hosting then there would be no need for plesk.   

If that same customer then purchases hosting on a separate invoice the domain will show up in Plesk with the hosting package?  

Another random question: If I merge that first customer who just purchased a domain and no hosting with a customer that does have hosting will the domain show up in Plesk?

I just did a test with this last scenario and the domain doesn't show up in Plesk.  When I merged two client accounts in WHMCS.

Thanks!

Hi @FutureX,

Thanks for your reply.

5 hours ago, FutureX said:

If that same customer then purchases hosting on a separate invoice the domain will show up in Plesk with the hosting package?  

That is correct as long as the domain is the same as what the purchase hosting for

5 hours ago, FutureX said:

Another random question: If I merge that first customer who just purchased a domain and no hosting with a customer that does have hosting will the domain show up in Plesk?

No, merging customers does not trigger a call to Plesk, you would need to manually add it, however I can not see why you would be doing this, can you explain your use-case a bit further.

7 hours ago, FutureX said:

Thanks for the info!

I'm just testing various scenarios.  I realize the second one I mentioned is 1 in a million :).   It my head it would add to Plesk as a parked domain.

I think you are a bit confused about WHMCS works. WHMCS does not actually do anything related to services. Its modules do that. And when someone orders something WHMCS does the action, you have configured for it, depending on what you have setup.

In your example, when someone ordered a domain name, WHMCS executed the module that registers the domain. Hence the domain is registered. But it does not execute a hosting module, in your case Plesk.

If you merge a customer with a domain to another one, its just an internal merge inside WHMCS it will not execute anything on the modules. If you want both the domain to be registered, and created in Plesk, those are 2 different actions, A ) Run the domain module, B) Run the Plesk module.

Which means, you need to create a package that after ordering executes the Plesk settings you want. If the user only orders a domain name, without that package that runs the Plesk module, then it will never add anything to Plesk. I advise to read the documentation entirely and you will have a better understanding on how WHMCS works. Domain registrations are just that, a registration of a name, but Plesk is actually a control panel to manage hosting on a server, hence if you want the domain to work right after ordering, it has to be activated in your server. A domain alone will not start working unless its created on your server.

WHMCS does not actually create the domain, or the hosting either. Its just a billing automation software. It only holds your customer data, and some settings. But services are actually executed outside WHMCS. You could say its a billing automation software, since the idea is that if can auto provision or execute those external services after payment, or manually, or however you want. Depends on what you want and how you have everything configured.

Hope that helps but based on those questions I suspect you are very new to WHMCS which might confuse you a bit on how things work. The best you can do is actually read the docs and it will clear many questions on how everything works together. Before putting live products, its important to know how everything works to avoid mistakes or things you later misconfigured.

Edited by yggdrasil