My upgrade is confused.

Hi there. I have 8.3 installed. I finally "upgraded" my owned license to a monthly one, and got my new license number. I then tried to upgrade to  8.5. The install never completed. Now every time I try to  log into the /admin directory it redirects to the install directory where I get the following message. The version number in top right in blue box was 7.1  Previously on my install correctly identified my version as 8.3, but insisted that the current version was 7.1.  Any ideas?

WHMCS - The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support Solution

Upgrade Your Installation

We have detected that you are already running WHMCS Version 8.1.3.

This installer script can only upgrade as far as 8.1.3 so there is no update to perform.

Looking to perform a new installation? To do so, you must first drop all existing tables from your WHMCS database, then try running the installer again. (Warning: You will lose all existing data if you do this.)

Copyright © WHMCS 2005-2022
www.whmcs.com

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @SteveinBC,

This indicates that the auto-updater was unable to delete the /install directory after updating the database.

Perhaps the PHP user doesn't have permission to delete folders on your server.

Please delete the /install directory, and the error should be resolved: https://help.whmcs.com/m/updating/l/1136003-resolving-a-down-for-maintenance-message

Check the Configuration > System Log for any file deletion errors during the update process. Once resolved you can run the auto-update again to update to 8.5.