Removing Language URLS

Just define the canonical URL inside rel attribute of link tag. This way Google sticks to this URL ignoring the rest.

Keep in mind that this change will not give you any SEO advantage, not even in a million years.

I also suggest you to ignore any SEO health score tool you are probably using. Reaching 100/100 score will not be beneficial from an SEO perspective. SEO is not so "stupid" moreover WHMCS and SEO are on two different planets.

A website from 1998 probably has the same SEO potential than WHMCS. Don't waste your time with it. Your time is better spent on attracting new customers instead of trying to fix WHMCS. Making WHMCS SEO-friendly takes months of development.

Edited by Kian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

You can prevent google from indexing URLs that contain the language parameter by adding the X-Robots-Tag response header. For my use case I added the following to my apache configuration:

# Response header to avoid URL indexing if it contains the language parameter (by salva)
<If "%{QUERY_STRING} =~ /language=.*?/">
    Header set X-Robots-Tag "noindex"
</If>

To make sure that the google bot has seen the new noindex directive you can check Google's URL inspection tool

• 2 weeks later...