I want to add text and picture content to my homepage in WHMCS

lighttouch

I need to know hopefully the steps in how to add content to my homepage (only). Please see attached screenshot. This is the page homepage you get when you go to: https://lighttouch-server.com

It seems like one needs to be advanced in coding to do this according to your article. I am a novice in coding... so I need this as simple as possible. HTML I am good at... php.... a novice at. I know that whmcs creates html pages for the viewers Internet browser, based on the coding on the pages. Can you please give me somthing/instructions for close to what I want.

I have already got a child theme I think... I copied Twenty-Two theme and renamed it as LIGHTTOUCH theme in my /template folder. My whmcs installation under CONFIGURATION SETTINGS/GENERAL is using LIGHTTOUCH created theme. Is this not a child theme done already?

EXPLANATION OF SCREENSHOT
1) I want to add a picture and headline text. The screenshot shows were I want it.
2) I want to add body text. The screenshot shows were I want it placed
3) I want to have the same footer content as https://lighttouchtech.ca (This is my company website.)

I just need an easy way if possible to do this. My homepage for WHMCS is NOT engaging to any viewers. I need attention catching content.

I want to do the coding in HTML if that is possible or does it have to be PHP? If I have to use PHP it is ok. I have adobe dreamweaver which allows me to create php pages from design interface.

I know how to change up the CSS folder within LIGHTTOUCH theme... so I don't need information on that and don't need information of child themes if I did it right (what I said above about creating LIGHTTOUCH theme)

I sure would appreciate a beginner to novice instruction on this if possible. I am fairly new to any other coding than HTML. Thanks.

SCREENSHOT IMAGE of my WHMCS homepage: https://ltt-server.com/images/homepage-customization.jpg

Jeff.

Hey Jeff, contrary to what lulzsniffles says (he's still upset about some drama not getting the expected attention he deemed necessary to a older post) 

What you can do, is setup a child theme - and make the changes there, I'm on mobile so I don't fancy trawling through but there's a few examples on github and you can insert html and use the appropriate tags to build it to your requirements, although whmcs is a bit of a awful platform to make look good - hence the popularity of bridging into WP which has its own concerns 😟  

Katamaze.com is widely regarded as the best cms as quite rightly pointed out, but (quite openly) doesn't offer support anymore unless on the paid plan - they do patch and update with whmcs however so if you are semi-competant you'll be fine! There's a few themes available that'd get you off to a good start, but I believe a few have totally dropped all support going forward due to changes in the whmcs eco system so Katamaze.com is probably the safest option in that sense 

But minimal php knowledge is required to make the changes you want for the most part, there are some limitations just due to whmcs being whmcs but you'll most likely be fine! 

If you're still setting your site up (I.e not live yet) it's a good time to meddle before you're invested in the eco system - if not ask for a dev license so you can break stuff to work our what's what 🙂

14 minutes ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

Hey Jeff, contrary to what lulzsniffles says (he's still upset about some drama not getting the expected attention he deemed necessary to a older post) 

What you can do, is setup a child theme - and make the changes there, I'm on mobile so I don't fancy trawling through but there's a few examples on github and you can insert html and use the appropriate tags to build it to your requirements, although whmcs is a bit of a awful platform to make look good - hence the popularity of bridging into WP which has its own concerns 😟  

Katamaze.com is widely regarded as the best cms as quite rightly pointed out, but (quite openly) doesn't offer support anymore unless on the paid plan - they do patch and update with whmcs however so if you are semi-competant you'll be fine! There's a few themes available that'd get you off to a good start, but I believe a few have totally dropped all support going forward due to changes in the whmcs eco system so Katamaze.com is probably the safest option in that sense 

But minimal php knowledge is required to make the changes you want for the most part, there are some limitations just due to whmcs being whmcs but you'll most likely be fine! 

If you're still setting your site up (I.e not live yet) it's a good time to meddle before you're invested in the eco system - if not ask for a dev license so you can break stuff to work our what's what 🙂

lol wut ??? I tried helping the guy out who seems NOT to be a developer since he use dreamweaver, and you want him to start editing the template files with dreamweaver, maybe you are still a bit mad about I told the truth?  Even "My problems" I still recommended his product, did I not ???? 

Edited by lulzkiller

16 minutes ago, lulzkiller said:

who seems NOT to be a developer since he use dreamweaver, and you want him to start editing the template files with dreamweaver

In the right hands, nothing at all wrong with Dreamweaver. That's "elitist" nonsense from those that say "I code only with Notepad" or something like that. 
Sure it's not the best overall, but not worth disparaging someone's choice to use it.

1 minute ago, bear said:

In the right hands, nothing at all wrong with Dreamweaver. That's "elitist" nonsense from those that say "I code only with Notepad" or something like that. 
Sure it's not the best overall, but not worth disparaging someone's choice to use it.

That is correct, but "dreamweaver" sends a signal, that this guy might not be the best developer, or have much experience experience in coding. And then to start editing the template files, is a big step compared to wysiwyg editors. Nothing against dreamweaver, Its purely based on that editing WHMCS Template files aint that easy if you haven't written much code before.