OX Mail Is A DISASTER

Cowboy

I have been testing this service out for about 6 months. I have considered selling it to my clients but honestly, there are too many issues with this service for it to be considered seriously. 

Just now I have discovered one of the biggest issues. The test account I have been running was suddenly not connecting to the server through Mac Mail app. What? I tried logging in directly on the phone app. Says password is incorrect, I definitely did not change it! 

I try logging in through the browser. Same deal. 

I recall that the invoice was raised on the 16th which I forgot to mark paid in WHMCS (seeing as it is my account and I do have credit in Marketplace it's not a case of not paying but just forgetting to do the admin). I get the usual emails thanking me for my payment, etc. 

Still the service doesn't work. 

Then I log into WHMCS and see that it has been cancelled. WTF?

How is it that in 2 days you can terminate a person's account? 

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Cowboy,

The OX email service will stop the day after the expiry date. This means that any email users won’t be allowed to login via pop/imap or web-based access.

Renewing the service will re-activate the accounts.

After 30 days overdue the accounts and all email data will be deleted.

If we can assist with any account or billing-related questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the Marketplace team via https://marketplace.whmcs.com/help/connect

That is not a good strategy and it will stop me from promoting this as a service to my clients. I do not want to be fielding complaints from customers who get arbitrarily cut off like this in such a short space of time. As much as a hate to support big tech like Google for email services, this kind of wolf at the door alternative doesn't come close to being appealing. 

The reactivation time on my account was several hours. Business is about flexibility especially in these difficult times, but I guess this is a foreign concept to WHMCS. Right?