Burdened by what's happening

Magicklug

"As a novel coronavirus swept the world in early 2020, thousands of software devel-opers began working from home. Many did so on short notice, under difficult and stressfulconditions.

This study investigates the effects of the pandemic on developers’ wellbeing andproductivity.

A questionnaire survey was created mainly from existing, validated scales andtranslated into 12 languages. The data was analyzed using non-parametric inferentialstatistics and structural equation modeling.

The questionnaire received 2225 usable responses from 53 countries. Factor analy-sis supported the validity of the scales and the structural model achieved a good fit (CFI =0.961, RMSEA =0.051, SRMR =0.067). Confirmatory results include: the pandemichas had a negative effect on developers’ wellbeing and productivity; productivity andwellbeing are closely related; disaster preparedness, fear related to the pandemic andhome office ergonomics all affect wellbeing or productivity. Exploratory analysis suggeststhat: women, parents and people with disabilities may be disproportionately affected; different people need different kinds of support."

Given how stressed we are right now with the current price tag of WHMCS services. As a fellow software developer, don't you think it's too much? How  do you process these on your daily life?

The main thing with working at home is keeping that separation of work and life .  Having something else, hobby, games, inventing the next time machine, or whatever  to focus on while not working helps to keep that separation of always working .  If you are always working, you may start to hate the work and that is, I think, when productivity gets hit. 

18 hours ago, Magicklug said:

I did play badminton every day as we have our own court in the backyard. But since my cousin went back home, I don't have anyone to play it with.  

You could start something in solitary like cycling or running.

As for cycling, be advised it can quickly turn into an expensive hobby... a better bike, better wheels, GPS, powermeter, fashy outfits. At the moment I've higher maintenance costs for bikes than for cars 🤣