Invoicing for a Product Moved from Free to Paid

WmPitcher

In addition to my self-serve clients, I have folks I build sites for. I usually setup their hosting product for them and set it as free until I have their site done. Then, I start charging for hosting. 

If I change an existing product from free to a recurring price with a due date of today, when is the invoice generated?  Is it my next Chron Job?  Is there a good way to send it immediately? 
Am I better to create a new order and delete the 'free' hosting?  (I am always interested in best practices.)

Thanks.

It should generate on the next daily cron run.  You can force generation of invoices via the client summary page -> Generate new invoices.  That will then generate the invoice right off instead of waiting for the next daily cron.  You may need to set the due date to the next day instead of today's date. 

On 25/06/2021 at 5:53 PM, steven99 said:

It should generate on the next daily cron run.  You can force generation of invoices via the client summary page -> Generate new invoices.  That will then generate the invoice right off instead of waiting for the next daily cron.  You may need to set the due date to the next day instead of today's date. 

Thanks for the tip about 'Generate New Invoices'. I missed that.  That's very helpful and what I was hoping for.