Cant create addon Bug?

This same UI blunder was in the beta, and I couldn't have been bothered reporting it because I figured it would be picked up for sure before release... But alas.

The entire ADD ON UI is horrible.

1. (Both types of add-ons - Independent Product and Add On Feature) Once you save the add on, there is NO UI to go anywhere - No back to add on list or any other way out.

2. (Add-on Feature) When selecting applicable products to assign your addon to - you cant even select individual products - You HAVE to use the search and can ONLY move across the visible list of products. VERY weird UI? (it should work like the same UI in the INDEPENDANT ADD ON UI)

3. (Add-on Feature)The applicable products don't save, Making the ADD ON feature toast.

Edited by slim
Attached video

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @slim,

The Addon Feature type is linked at the module level, meaning you can select applicable products with the same provisioning module as the addon.

In this video, the un-selectable options have a grey text colour, indicating they cannot be selected.

For example, if the Addon Feature is assigned to the cPanel module, only products also assigned to the cPanel module will be displayed in black text and be selectable.

If you don't have a module match, then Independent Product would be the most appropriate Addon Type to select.

Hi John

Excellent - I was able to select the appropriate products once I selected cPanel.

Note: Once I select cPanel, select the appropriate products, I cannot seem to select a WHM Package Name (even after selecting Product Type and Server Group)

whmcsnoserverfound.thumb.png.f6b5f8b890bf00495dbe28a67f58dfc6.png

If I check my servers, they are there and are working fine?

whmcsservers.thumb.png.a6470025567a6f99b9ec0bc1018a31f8.png

Is this a bug?

Edited by slim

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @slim,

Do you have a default cPanel server assigned (ie. one with an * next to its name)?

If not, please click on the server's name in the server list which you'd like to designate as the default.

This will resolve this warning on the Module Settings tab.

Hi John.

Thanks for your help.

You were correct, for some reason there was no default server set. I now have a working WP Toolkit addon  feature working.

Perhaps some sanity checking code would be helpful - The UI should have led me to fix both these issues?

P.S Can you confirm exactly how the WPTOOLKIT addon actually activates the addon for a hosting customer?  I was under the impression I needed to create a new feature in cPanel and then create new hosting packages with that feature list - however it would appear this isn't the case? (infact from cPanel, I cant seem to tell if an account has the delux tookkit or not?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @slim,

Glad that got you up and running.

We've put together a guide which should help here: https://help.whmcs.com/m/managing/l/1417651-how-to-start-selling-wordpress-toolkit

My expectation is that one would enable Wordpress Toolkit Lite on existing feature lists, so it's included as standard on hosting services.

With the Addon Feature configured in WHMCS, clients can then upgrade to  Wordpress Toolkit Deluxe at any time via their client area and  the upgrade links within Wordpress Toolkit itself.

The documentation is extremely light on and it doesn't explain how an account in cPanel gets access to the deluxe toolkit.

All my customers have access to the free toolkit - This is working fine.

I have added the addon in WHMCS and it seems to work - However my module que is filling up with "Product attribute Package Name "wp-toolkit-deluxe" not found on server" errors.

This seems to indicate I need a feature list called this on the server? Is this correct? 

I have two different feature lists that I use with my regular shared hosting plans. For customers on the smallest of hosting plans, I have restricted access to some features.

Do I need two new feature lists which are duplicates of these with the deluxe feature enabled? If so, how does the add on know which one to select? Very confusing.

Edited by slim

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @slim,

A separate Feature List shouldn't be necessary. This is because running Module Create via the Addon Feature in WHMCS will add a feature assignment to the cPanel account with the Wordpress Toolkit Deluxe functionality.

Can you please confirm which versions you're running of the following:

• cPanel/WHM:
  • Wordpress Toolkit:

This isn't an error we've had reported before. Can you please share the module debug log request and response here for further analysis?

N.B. Please sanitise any private data before posting it publicly here.

WHMCS: 8.2
cPanel: 96.0.11
Toolkit: 5.5.0-2623

The module log triggers with some data.  I have created a ticket with video and a copy of module log (which is just the returned results of API call: json-api/listpkgs)

Ticket is:     
#BVA-838219

Edited by slim

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @slim,

Thanks for submitting the ticket. We detected the cause of the Package Name "wp-toolkit-deluxe" not found on server  error was that the Wordpress Toolkit feature was configured to be provisioned before the hosting.

Adjusting the Module Settings under Configuration > System Settings > Product Addons > Edit > Module Settings tab so that the provisioning happens at the same time as the hosting, resolved the issue.

I also opened case MODULE-7656 to investigate why the Retry action in the Module Queue repeated the same error.

If there are any further issues, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Hi John

I dont understand that answer - all of the hosting accounts that had the Package Name "wp-toolkit-deluxe" not found on server  error  in the module que existing long before the WP Tool kit add on.

In other words, the hosting accounts have been in existence for years, and I just added the WP Toolkit Deluxe add on to them.