Un Install unused addon modules (including removing sql database)

Hello there

I have some modules that currently inactive (do not use it anymore), and I need to remove it from my installation. I know I can go on setting on addon modules

image.thumb.png.a58b04b1ff9ec95340dc22fbb3604847.png

Bu I still saw those sql tables on PhpMyAdmin

image.png.d2cb2ef6673da7db096a3fb44013ed0a.png

Can I just delete then on php my admin to? There is some modules to be deleted.

I guess they are also using some space, and my backup plan charge me for that, so why have them there and paying extra costs for that.

Not all developers implement _deactivate() function that's why you end up with unused tables in database.

Of course you can delete all tables prefixed with crm_ but be advised that there's a chance this triggers fatal errors somewhere. It depends on how the module was coded.

For example if for some crazy reason the module uses an action hook outside its folder (includes/hooks) and the hook performs a query on a deleted table... Oops something went wrong. Or again if the module needed some file to be included in configuration.php it will probably cause troubles.

Simply put, delete all these tables but make sure that front & backend still load correctly.

21 hours ago, Kian said:

Simply put, delete all these tables but make sure that front & backend still load correctly.

or perhaps a safer route would be to rename the tables, *then* see if the front/back are running with no errors and if no negative issues, then you can delete the tables... if errors, rename them back and then investigate a better way of removing them.