Force domain sync on all domains

Hi

around 1000 of my clients are renewing domain this month, the thing is. i dont have "enough credit" at my registrar to run all these domains at the same time. So most will "fail" the renewal until i top op at the registrar.

The thing is, after i topped op i click the button "retry all" and it works. Buuuut, then whmcs is not updating the date for the domain, before domain sync has run. And that can take 4-5 days before it comes to these domains i just renewed, and that means even after they have been renewed, some will go to grace because whmcs have not read the new date.

Can i somehow force domain sync, to run through ALL domains, and not just a random bunch of 50 at a time ?1

2 hours ago, lulzkiller said:

Can i somehow force domain sync, to run through ALL domains, and not just a random bunch of 50 at a time ?

it's not random, there is a logical methodical selection made. 🙂

there is no way to force it from settings, and even if there were, I suspect your biggest obstacle would be any rate limiting at the registrar's API end.

Just now, brian! said:

it's not random, there is a logical methodical selection made. 🙂

there is no way to force it from settings, and even if there were, I suspect your biggest obstacle would be any rate limiting at the registrar's API end.

Hi brian

And thanks for your reply

I know its not random, its based on ID, and i know the reason behind the 50 limit. But my registrar is not limiting my API calls. And i have like 600 domains, that i have renewed that needs the date updated, else they will go into grace tomorrow.
I found this post https://requests.whmcs.com/idea/make-domain-sync-cron-work-in-smaller-then-1-hour-increments-or-allow-syncing-more-than-50-domains but unfortunately the hook is not included 😞

14 minutes ago, lulzkiller said:

then I suppose you could open a ticket in the hope that someone from WHMCS could give you the posted script... I know one Wouter in this place, but i'm not sure it's him that posted that script.

This script basically overrides the value "Domain Status Sync Frequency" set in WHMCS and forces a Domain status sync at every cron job, which is by default every 5 minutes. This way you can sync 600 domains per hour.

DSSF is a value in tblconfiguration, so that could be changed by a script... and I don't know if you can use the --force option on the DomainStatusSync (as we never really enabled syncing - even on the devs).

https://docs.whmcs.com/Crons#Tasks_.26_--force_Option

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hi,

There is presently not a way you can modify the Domain Syncronisation feature to sync more than 50 domains at one time, however, you can force the execution of the task via cron.php to execute more frequently. Example command:

php -q /path/to/crons/cron.php do --DomainStatusSync 

Executing that every 5 minutes (either manually or as a cron job) would result in 600 domain names being synchronised every hour (12 x 50).

I hope this helps.

1 minute ago, WHMCS Alex said:

Hi,

There is presently not a way you can modify the Domain Syncronisation feature to sync more than 50 domains at one time, however, you can force the execution of the task via cron.php to execute more frequently. Example command:

php -q /path/to/crons/cron.php do --DomainStatusSync 

Executing that every 5 minutes (either manually or as a cron job) would result in 600 domain names being synchronised every hour (12 x 50).

I hope this helps.

Amazing, thank you 🙂