Default country Session

Hello Guys,

I have a question, i am using Multibrand module, so i want to specify for each brand a taxe, so i want if i can set default country for each domain (brand) 

To clarify things :

Default country configured is USA, i am in spain domain brand (using Multibrand module), so the default country doesn't change it still USA (thats make sens of course), so here i want to change the default country session in this brand (domain),

can someone help to create a hook to change default country using domain name (brand).

thank you

Edited by REDOUANE

2 hours ago, REDOUANE said:

Can someone pls help me out ?

have you asked MG directly about this ? granted, you may have to sell the family silver to pay for it... 🤑

the default country value is stored in the database tblconfiguration table - so even if you modified the value in the client area / cart on the fly, I don't see that having an impact on the invoices (especially those generated by cron) - really, this will need someone familiar with how multibrand works (hence the obvious ones being MG themselves).

4 minutes ago, brian! said:

have you asked MG directly about this ? granted, you may have to sell the family silver to pay for it... 🤑

the default country value is stored in the database tblconfiguration table - so even if you modified the value in the client area / cart on the fly, I don't see that having an impact on the invoices (especially those generated by cron) - really, this will need someone familiar with how multibrand works (hence the obvious ones being MG themselves).

yes , so actually i dont need more to change the default country, i see this topic : 

i need like this one, i need a hook or something else so i can change the $country so the taxes can change is that possible ?

Capture d’écran 2021-05-05 à 16.31.28.png

Edited by REDOUANE
clarify

12 minutes ago, brian! said:

I really need this one pls, can someone help me out ?

11 minutes ago, REDOUANE said:

i need like this one, i need a hook or something else so i can change the $country so the taxes can change is that possible ?

well $defaultcountry is available on viewcart, so that would be a ClientAreaPageCart hook that changes the value of defaultcountry to US or ES - that part is simple, e.g to default it to Spain...

<?php

function cart_default_country_hook($vars) {
	if ($vars['templatefile'] == 'viewcart') {
		return array("defaultcountry" => "ES", "country" => "ES");
	}	
}
add_hook("ClientAreaPageCart", 1, "cart_default_country_hook");

that will probably need cleaning up and testing thoroughly but there are then two problems....

1. i'm not familiar with multibrand - so off-hand I don't know how MB assigns brands or how to detect if the current user is brand A or brand B... I guess it will almost certainly be in a client area variable, or failing that you could probably pull the value from the db.
  2. I don't know if the default country / country  set in the client area is actually used to generate the invoice or whether it pulls that value from the database - @Kian might know more on that one.

This is my hook to force the curency to a different one from the defaut, I dont know if it will do what you want for the country.

I dont think the default will change though, but I guess its the active one rather the default that is relevant

<?php

use WHMCS\Session;
// Provide your new default currency ID
$currencyId = 9;
if (!Session::get('uid') && !Session::get('currency')) {
Session::set('currency', $currencyId);
}

16 hours ago, REDOUANE said:

its not working, it still showed US as default country

then it's possible, and I think likely, that because you're using a custom orderform template, the template isn't called viewcart and therefore the hook isn't being triggered - scrolling down that debug window and seeing what the $templatefile value is should tell you if that's the case... or by test switching to standard_cart (where the hook should work without issue)... or by removing the IF conditional statement and just letting it change those variables (I wouldn't do that permanently, just to see if it works).

also, you may have to disregard my second point on invoicing - I suspect I was thinking of home countries with regards to VAT etc.

43 minutes ago, MrGettingRatherFrustrated said:

This is my hook to force the currency to a different one from the default, I don't know if it will do what you want for the country.

it wouldn't work - the session plays no part in this (unless the custom template is doing something unusual).

Tax comes from WHMCS default settings on page load. You can't change that by switching country. You have different options.

First. You could .click with jQuery the button that updates estimated tax. You will also need to display:none page body before .click fires to avoid visitors seeing the page loading twice.

Second. Override tax name, rate and value in Smarty with ClientAreaPage action hook. You need to retrieve such values manually from database based on your brand. It's pretty boring.

Third. This is a bit of overkill but you could replace default estimated tax logic with your custom one. It's super boring and depressing.