My WHMCS cron folder is gone.

NGX

• 1 month later...

You should be able to re-download the Cron folder from https://download.whmcs.com/

Just select your current version and download the zip file, after you should be able to recopy the cron folder back over. If you move to a custom location, you will need to rename and ensure that config.php is setup correctly and the correct configuration is placed in the configuration.php file.

We recommend moving the Cron directory to a non-public directory above your web root to prevent web access. More details can be found here:

https://docs.whmcs.com/Custom_Crons_Directory

21 hours ago, brian! said:

only if he gets his license direct from WHMCS and can therefore log into the members area.

No wonder they've upped support costs, what are they going to do when you leave? The honeymoon period of relevant information on here will soon cease- I do hope for the user who opt to stay that they actually increase the support capability rather than sending users here at a faster rate than before and charging a premium for it! 

I have a friend who messaged me yesterday, with an issue that they asked him to post here- sure enough,  a quick search and brian! To the rescue!

Whilst it made me chuckle , it was for the wrong reasons entirely! 

15 minutes ago, UnwilfulExpenditure said:

I have a friend who messaged me yesterday, with an issue that they asked him to post here

Was it a custom change to WHMCS he wanted? That's the only reason I could think of for sending them here to ask. 
If the helpful folks in here do leave as planned, things will go downhill a bit, I think. 

2 hours ago, bear said:

Was it a custom change to WHMCS he wanted? That's the only reason I could think of for sending them here to ask. 
If the helpful folks in here do leave as planned, things will go downhill a bit, I think. 

It wasn't actually, well depends upon definition I suppose! It was a commonly raised issue that an update broke, We'd say it's something that needs fixing..... WHMCS see it as a custom job..... Good job it's nice and cheap..... oh... wait! 😛 

It's not an essential thing, But certainly doesn't bode well imo - As I got a suspension for bringing up a 7 year response to an issue I won't say which..... But take your pick I suppose 😉 

3 hours ago, bear said:

Depends, If they actually support the product to the degree in which they charge then it may improve. It's doubtful though when this morning was full of brian correcting whmcs staff posts to their customers!  I see it being a bit of a train wreck if i'm totally honest! If customer sentiment is at rock bottom already, it won't take much to upset the apple cart for those remaining! People are going to rightly expect a higher degree of support - One that's always eluded the customerbase when you go direct to the support dept. We've gone from 8 to 1 license and that will stay until we've finished making something else compatible. When we do we'll release all our work for free to others in our position. I personally don't feel the trust is there anymore, nor do I see us being satisfied with coming here to help when we're paying drastically more purely for support 

However, for the many years of borrowing fixes and workarounds in here I'm truly greatful to the people who contributed to the community!