Removing Billing Information from Registration Page

artaweb

Hello,

This question might've been asked several times before, however, I did not find a genuine solution for what I am seeking. 

We need to disable the Billing Information entirely from the registration page. Some might say what about the domain name contact details, well in our country we use HANDLE-NIC for every single individual or companies, they don't actively register via our platform. Customers register on the nic of our country, then use their handle-nic-id to register their domain name. So we are basically asking for the billing information for nothing.  Even the invoice information is irrelevant. By default we don't need any billing info to process payments since payments are done externally, if a user need to have their info on the bill, they can always fill in their details later. 

We recently started using Hotjar, we noticed 7.5% of conversions drops because of the long registration page. So we decided to remove it but we can't because its mandatory. Have anyone ever done this before? 

What we need to remove the followings:

• Entire Billing Section
  • Telephone Number (we already ask for mobile number via a Custom Field)

The goal is to remove anything unnecessary and make the process of registration faster.

I would appreciate if you could share your experience. 

Thank you

19 hours ago, artaweb said:

What we need to remove the followings:

• Entire Billing Section
  • Telephone Number (we already ask for mobile number via a Custom Field)

The goal is to remove anything unnecessary and make the process of registration faster.

if you're talking about the registration page, then you're probably looking at editing the clientregister.tpl template - removal by CSS is an option, but a pain and the results might not look great.

as long as you make all of the fields you're removing optional, then WHMCS shouldn't throw an error.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Other_Tab#Optional_Client_Profile_Fields

By registration page I presume you mean checkout and not the register.php where a client can create an account without ordering anything or entering billing info.  is that correct?   If so, using a hook to inject javascript that removes the paymentGatewaysContainer div and the payment details header should do the trick for billing.  The telephone field can be removed the same way but you'll need to remove the parent of the parent IIRC.   At least that is for the six template and new or custom ones may have different IDs and such. 

We receive registration from two places

1. register.php
  2. cart.php?a=checkout

In this scenario I needed to remove entire billing info along with telephone number.

I went ahead with Brian's suggestion.  Lack of paying attention got me here. I assumed the check boxes in Optional_Client_Profile_Fields means that it shouldn't be checked and that is why I ended up here. Grrrrr

I hid everything with CSS. A noteworthy tip for whoever wants to do this is to just use CSS. If you comment the HTML, it cause incorrect data being sent to your database which causes error. So what you want is to hide the fields using CSS so upon submission, it can pass the empty strings as well.

I think this should be a part of whmcs core. WHMCS is a powerful selling platform and while they are focused on Hosting, it can be used for almost anything digital. So flexibility on matters like this can certainly be added value.