Default FTP Backup Password Value

There's no need to spam opening 6 threads. Submit another ticket or reply to the existing one and wait.

There are hundreds of bugs and vulnerabilities in this software so don't panic šŸ¤­ It's part of the game.

Edited by Kian

I'm using this software since 2007 and I've seen plenty of disasters. Some of them still exist.

That said, there's no "special" way to contact WHMCS. Even if you think your issue is special. Submit a new ticket or reply to the existing one.

Edited by Kian

As I'm sure you know logging tickets with the support team is a fairly pointless task - they even tried to defend that this wasnt that big a deal.

This isnt "my" issue - this is a risk to all customers, having identified it I am protected as I have been able to mitigate/neutralise the problemĀ 

I need to bypass the hell desk and reach someoneĀ competent, I was rather surprised to discover that they don't have a published security contact.

• WHMCS John changed the title to Default FTP Backup Password Value
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi there,

Whilst a support ticket may be close indicating the end of the particular interaction with the support team on a matter. The case opened with the development team remains open independently and will be addressed according to the severity determined by our team.

In this particular case, a default FTP backup password value has been assessed as not representing a security vulnerability without an accompanying hostname or password. However we're certainly appreciative of the report and will address it in a future update. Thanks for your bug report.

We encourage and reward responsible disclosure of genuine security concerns via our bounty program:https://www.whmcs.com/security-bounty-program/

For information on how we handle bug reports, please refer to: https://docs.whmcs.com/How_we_handle_Bug_Reports