Namecheap emails my customers!

shane_blink

Namecheap sends myself and the email for the registrant an email re domain renewals. The issue with this is it contains my name, the price I pay and a payment request link that's different to my WHMCS which causes great confusion! They inform me they cannot switch this off so I'm looking for alternatives. 

Most my domains are .co.uk.

Can anyone recommend a domain reseller who doesn't email the registrant or at least white labels this with my payment link?

4 hours ago, shane_blink said:

Namecheap sends myself and the email for the registrant an email re domain renewals. The issue with this is it contains my name, the price I pay and a payment request link that's different to my WHMCS which causes great confusion! They inform me they cannot switch this off so I'm looking for alternatives. 

It's why we've been moving off, mainly. Revealing my pricing, confusing customers with those emails, and soliciting them with offers of competing products; all under the guise of "mandated ICANN reminders".

4 hours ago, AALayer said:

Maybe this? 

https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Reseller-OptionsNamesilo has been very pleasent at domain registration, though not tested for reseller.

So far they've been pretty good, but be aware of how they do things. When you transfer a name in they act as the "designated agent" and confirm email changes and transfers and so on. That means that there is no email to the owner asking if it's ok to transfer in, and if changes are made to the whois afterward, there is no confirmation sent to the registrant. They confirm internally, on your behalf. That's concerning.
Another thing to note on transfers in, they will change the whois to the account holder (you). After it's transferred, you need to check the registrant on all domains moved, to make sure it's what it was beforehand. We've been recording current underlying whois before each transfer, and putting it back after. 

• 8 months later...
On 1/25/2021 at 11:30 PM, shane_blink said:

Can anyone recommend a domain reseller who doesn't email the registrant or at least white labels this with my payment link?

You might want to take a look at Registrar WebNIC who is able to provide domains .co.uk and so many country-code top level domains.

This is an absolutely reseller-centric reseller who can resolve all your concerns above  (reseller platform (e.g no back link as Namecheap) and a dedicated sale person to your account, WHMCS module for domains, SSLs,..).

For further information, you may visit their website and contact their sales.

• 11 months later...
On 1/25/2021 at 9:30 PM, shane_blink said:

You might want to try NameSilo

However, NameCheap is also very good at domain registration, but if you are having trouble with NameCheap, you can try NameSilo.