WHMCS and cPanel

ddg8176

I've not used WHMCS long... about a month or so if that long... and I've only imported accounts from WHM/cPanel. I'm curious to know if when I do actually have a customer order a domain and hosting package, will WHMCS setup their cPanel account automatically so that the customer will have access to cPanel features or do I have to do that manually?

Just make sure that you have the hash ket from WHM and put it into WHMCS.

You can also use the server root password, or the password to a WHM account with root permissions. It's easy enough to test whether WHMCS can create accounts, simply click on one of the server action buttons at the bottom of the product screen. For instance, if WHMCS can change password, it should be able to automatically create, although you should test that as well.

(Hash key is what's meant in the above post)

As another note, it's probably worthwhile not actually creating the account till you've checked it; it does slow spammers and phishers down.

Think I understand now what you guys are talking about... Found something under Configuration > Manage Servers.

I do have my cPanel server setup with IP addresss, nameservers, and on server details I have cPanel as the server type with my user name and password. I am able to log into my WHM by clicking the WHM button beside my server name.

BTW... there is a box label Access Hash (instead of password for cPanel servers) but it's blank... I take that to mean I can enter a 'hash key' OR use the password. Would that be right or wrong?

Correct - use either the access hash or the username/password. A while ago I think the story was that the access hash didn't work as well as the username/password but that may well have changed with cpanel 11 - anyone else remember, as I don't?

And you're also correct, as far as I know if you can use the WHM button you're good to go. Of course the ultimate test is checking that the create/suspend/terminate/change password functionality all works. Remember to save any password or package first, before clicking on those buttons (which don't save!!).

I used one of the buttons across the bottom (Create, Suspend, Unsuspend, Terminate, Change Package, Change Password) for one of my person sites and suspended it... checked in WHM an it showed Suspended. Then I went back into WHMCS and unsuspended it and it showed up like an active account. So, I think I'm set for automatic account creation. And if not, at least now I know where to go to get the Hash key in WHM and where to put it in WHMCS.

Guys, thanks a million for your help with this!