New v8 Email Campaigns tool....possible improvements needed, better control from un-wanted mass email sent out

Hello WHMCS

New V8 Email Campaigns, is amazing and bring us more value to how we can deal with communications with clients, and email marketing inside WHMCS, but after some tests I understand that this future improvements, could be locked to Administration roles permission.

Currently if a staff has permission to access or create email campaigns also he has permission to decide to send or not, this is not right in my point of view.

image.png.2ebebc6d334625a54d9b5c0dcfc30cf3.png

I understand that would be better if has a new permission ability to send mass mail

So with this  this new permission role means that I could authorize a staff to access Mass mail, create, preview but NOT SEND, because SEND OUT need some more responsibility and need another staff\administrator to decide to send out if everything is OK.

As a company owner, I need to delegate this task to another staff, but I do not want to give him access to send it. What if some day this staff gets crazy and send out whatever email he wants to all clients? Could get a company in bad bad reputation, that I could never get fixed.

If you have a business that only you managed, fine, but as business grow-up and as a business owner you need a team, but also you need to be on control.

Hope WHMCS also understand that this is a valued contribution.

PS: I intend to give a staff a task to create some emails, but is it fair that this staff to send mass email for example to over 600 clients without my consent.

These day, people will work more at home, so marketing is  one of those tasks that could be done on home working, and with this new V8 email campaign it is should be more suitable, but if someone is working away from our eye, better to get more control on that.

Edited by zitu4life

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @zitu4life

Thanks for your detailed and well explained suggestion for a new email composition/sending permission delegation.

We welcome feature request suggestion during the release cycle at https://requests.whmcs.com

If you'd be so kind as to submit this request there, other users will be able to add their support with a vote.